1996 Warrior Project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man ive said it before and I will say it again, This quad just keeps getting better and better!! NICE New parts and mods. Also I need your help, you sir are a photoshop GURU and I want a backdrop like you have in your Sig. How the hell are you putting logos and sponsors in the pics?? LMAO , I have to pay a company to do this, for resumes.

I've been working hard on linkage ideas that last few days now that I'm done with school for the summer, and I think I've found a much better solution (in regards to cost and time) to running a 660 rear shock on a warrior. This solution uses the stock Raptor 350 link and will use a custom dogbone, that is a little longer than stock. Similar setups with mixtures of linkages from other quads have been used my members on here, but the one I have designed is optimized for the extended/compressed lengths of the 660 rear shock in the warrior frame. It works out surprising well with the dogbone length I have come up with (don't want to give away this length until I test it personally, but it's not all that difficult to figure out if you know what you're doing), however, you lose a little bit of progression at the end of the travel. This is a plus for me as I'm a small, light guy that has a quad setup for XC. This means that for the heavier guys or the ones you like to jump MX stuff, my previous full custom linkage design would most likely be better, since it is designed to keep the very progressive stock geometry. I also got my new battery today, a BikeMaster TrueGel. I got it for $64 on Amazon, which is the best price I have seen by over $14, talk about a good deal. Anyway, here's the pics everyone wants to look at.

The only way I will ever work on suspension again. I can roll under the entire quad on the creeper, and move the rear end up and down on the electric crane we now have. It makes suspension work a breeze haha.

Suspension is at full droop in the next pics. Chain bind is almost completely gone. I have made my longer dogbone out of wood for mock up. Turns out it holds the weight of the quad and I can even stand on the footpegs. I wasn't expecting a 2x4 to be strong enough.

This is the bike on the ground holding it's own weight (with the 2x4 dogbone). I also have the warrior 350 spring on the 660 shock, since I like it's spring rate better. The ride height looks good and it has more uptravel than stock (but not too much...), which will handle whoops and ruts better.

Last edited:
Looking great Trent!
Love what your doing with the suspension looking forward to the end result

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks Ed! Unlike my previous more ambitious design, this one should be completed in the near future. I also forgot to point out, the airbox will have to be modded with this linkage, so that'll be happening soon too. So now that my suspension can handle it, hopefully I get to add more power soon!!!! haha, I'll probably get new tires and a stabilizer before then, but who knows.

Really cool Trent! That's the way to work on her! Glad to hear she fired right up for ya with the new battery. That is a good deal. Looking good dude

Thanks Jimmy! It sounds like my dad can just make a piece at work and have it professionally welded to lengthen the dogbone to the length I need. I'm really excited for the new rear shock. I just rode today and the warrior rear shock is not good haha. The +2 a arms really show the weakness of the rear I guess, since the front handles really well now. The new battery is awesome too!

Last week I went into work with my dad and machined some parts for the warrior. My skid plate was trashed, so together we made a sprocket guard and rotor guard (I may still shorten the rotor guard... it hangs down a little too low). I also machined the piece needed to lengthen the dogbone, which I will be getting back today from the welder. Here's some pics of all the parts.

Also, if anyone may be interested in purchasing a sprocket guard, please let me know. My dad has mentioned possibly selling them, if there is demand.

Last edited:
I couldn't wait to install the 660 shock tomorrow, so I did it tonight. Here is the extended dogbone and 660 rear shock installed, with the 660 stock rear spring. With this extended dogbone, there is zero chain bind, but it still has a little more up-travel and down-travel than the stock warrior suspension. Tomorrow I will finish the shock reservoir mount and mod the airbox for shock clearance.

Stock Raptor 350 Dogbone:

Extended Raptor 350 dogbone, professionally welded on a jig I made at the shop.

Start of the Shock Reservoir Mount:

Installed Linkage and Shock:

Really sick man! You did a great job with that. I'd definitely be interested in a sprocket guard. That's really sweet

Thanks Jimmy. I'll get an ad up for the sprocket guards soon after I talk to my dad, and I'll let you know what's going on with them.

::Awesome man, i love seeing people modding things and using creativity!!!
Thumbs up my friend! Thumbs up for your Dad too. I will be looking forward. :tup:

Complete Project HERE:
http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30709

-WARRIOR 350- to -VELOCIRAPTOR 450::
------------------------------------------------------

MOD LIST::
>Big Bear OIL Cooler MOD
>SUZUKI DRZ400 Direct Shifter,
>Tusk Handlebar Riser 30mm + hand made 36mm Riser,
>ProTaper Handlebar Grips & Handlebar,
>Powermadd Star Handguards,
>Outlaw Billet Fuel Cap,
>Tusk Clutch Cable,
>Tusk CLUTCH Kit + Heavy Duty Springs,
>Moose Racing EZ3 Shorty Clutch Lever Assembly,
>Tusk 36" Rear Brake Line,
>KFX 450 16.5 Front Shocks,
>Raptor 660 Rear Shock,
>BANSHEE Rear Shock Linkage,
>SUZUKI 400z +2 +1 Modded A-Arms,
>Custom Pro Armor Nerfbars & Heelguards,
>Raptor 660 Foot Pegs,
>D.I.D Timing Chain,
>D.I.D X Gold-Ring Chain,
>Clear ACRYLIC Air Box,
>Cold Air Filter INTAKE,
>K&N Air Filter,
>12 Tooth Front Sprocket,
>Hot Rods Bottom End Crankshaft Kit,
>WISECO 11:1 High Compression Piston,
>Hotcams Stage 1 CAM,
>Ported & Polish ENGINE,
>Valve JOB Done,
>Black Box HIGH PERFORMANCE CDI,
>Fox PERFORMANCE Race Coil,
>BRISK Racing Spark Plug,
>YFZ 450 HeadLights,
>Rebuilded Yoshimura PIPE,
>YFZ 450 Radiator Scoop Fenders,
>YFZ Front Hood Fender,
>Raptor 350 Fenders,
>Raptor Fenders Shaved alike YFZ 450,
>Raptor 350 Fuel Tank,
>Raptor 350 Seat & Seat Cover,
>Custom Flip Over Rear Frame & Seat,
>Custom HandMade Case Saver,
>Front LED DayLight Running MOD,
>Raptor 660 i-MX Rool Design IMS front bumper,
>PRO ARMOR Tether Safety KillSwitch,
>+4 Swingarm/3in REAR Wheel Spacers,

http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30709

::JCDigital::
f48ba4f8-0f7a-4e0e-b55e-5a677d8ed4c5_zpsv9jnofpw.jpg

Last edited:
I have had mine for about 6 years where do you find parts? I picked mine up from a friend and it was in pieces and i want to get it going.

Fellow members keep a eye on this quad, it progress's all the time! Nice mods and solid quad. Love those sprocket guards.

Latest posts

Back