03 warrior wont start?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njyamaha

Reaction score
hey, bought a 03 warrior in nice shape from a friend that's owned it for over 10 years, he said it needs to be pulled with a truck and popped started? any reason why? I tried but only once it was running but only when being constantly pulled with truck.

so far I put a brand new battery in (start button does not work) I have the key lights work neutral light works. I can crank it by the solenoid and it cranks and cranks.

also I cleaned the carb and airbox out and checked timing

any help would be great thanks!

Do you know what the jetting is? and do you have any aftermarket parts on it?

Forgot to mention that the quad is all stock including stock exhaust and jets! I've seen the quad running not to long ago and he said they rode it for the day I just can't get it started

Sounds funny saying this but check your thumb kill switch? Also did you set your air fuel mixture to the bench setting of 2 turns out? Try pulling your plug to and turn over and see if you have spark. Pretty simple things to check and maybe you have already.

i checked for spark today by taking the plug out and putting it back in coil cap and holding it to the frame and top of motor to double check and cranked it but didn't see any spark. and then also put screw driver in coil cap and cranked it and it didn't shock me at all. so im guessing i have no spark at all what should i start with first i was going to buy a coil that's the cheapest. and i don't have any tools to check the startor or wires ect.

Back