Raptor 350 EFI and Turbo build thread

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the oil cooler tabs welded, the front end painted and clear coated. For a rattle can job I'm happy. Scratches will be easy to fix! I pondered for hours where I wanted to mount the oil cooler and am really happy where I mounted it. I cut the lower mounting tabs off of the oil cooler so it's about the width of the frame.

Last edited:
Keep up the good work. I'll be following along as well. I have helped a few freinds wire up megasquirts in their foxbodies. Awesome efi management at a good price of you ask me. I myself have the holley hp setup in my own car woth great success.

Megasquirt is a great system, I've probably install 20 systems in the past with very good results.

So I got everything back together other than I'm waiting on the new hydraulic clutch lever/master and my DID timing chain. The timing chain was stretched so bad the tensioner was barely holding it from just flapping around. I repainted the throttle assembly and front brake master and they look really nice. The SS brake lines also add a nice touch. I'm hoping to fire her up this coming weekend!

We went out riding this past weekend and took the 350 for its maiden voyage after the refresh and I must say I am very happy with the results. I broke the top end in driving around the house the day before. Just an FYI, if you put in a new cam in your quad you need to readjust the valve after about 1hr of running once it's 100% cold. My exhaust valve went tight and the intake was loose. I'm running the $55 Niche cam for a warrior that is the same part number for a raptor but just cheaper. I must say the power delivery is very smooth and responsive with good mid and top end pull. My buddy has an 05 400ex and I feel my Raptor has no problem keeping up with his and to me is more nimble and easy to throw around.

The hydraulic clutch ended up not working out how I wanted so I have a new cable and lever on the way. The good thing is the new clutch has a quick engagement and should be smooth with a new cable.

After this trip at the end of the month I'll begin with the EFI conversion.

Latest posts

Back