87 warrior doesnt rev under load

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jered651

Reaction score
I have a 87 basket case I purchased it with just the 1 way bearing out on it I fixed that and cleaned the carb on it in the process of tuning the carb the head gasket blew pulled the head and jug when cracking the head bolts they were not tight at all so pulled jug off and looked in and there were crosshatch still looked at the piston and it was a new wiseco 10.5-1 so I got a new set of rings and freshened up the crosshatch and got it running again Ive had the wheeler running good during break in but keeps going down hill it idles great but once you get above 1/2 throttle riding it it wont rev smooth Ive cleaned the carb several times since I dipped it for 2 weeks the guy before me thought it would be a good idea to use form a gasket on a carb I cannot keep the bowl from leaking neither What im wondering is could my jetting be wrong? It has stock jets in it there is no other mods on the wheeler. One thing Im thinking is now that its broke in the compression is coming up to where it should be and throwing my jetting off Thanks

Latest posts

Back