400 warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So one milimeter over makes it a 400? If i boured my stock jug to a 400 how bad would it overheat and could i use my stock crank and everything else.
Yes 1mm over accompanied by the 7mm stroker crank will result in 397cc. Just boring over 1mm will yeild 357cc.

is it even really worth boring it out.. the gears are only so long the gears will be so short

is it even really worth boring it out.. the gears are only so long the gears will be so short

This is the size of the piston (84mm) that they sell in the kit, so yes you have to bore you're engine out. They did this because basically it the factory limit of the sleeve, and the 7mm stroke you don't have to grind anything on the windage tray of the cases. So Hotrods are basically playing it safe..
But the aftermarket and engine builders found they can take the sleeve to the next size bigger and still have enough left over for reliablity.
They do sell different counter shaft primary and secondary sprockets so you can adjust for the added torque and hp.

What all does the hot rod 400 kit include in it? Piston rings & everything or is that seperate?? Oops sry I seen it comes with piston

Apparently my Warrior has a "400 big bore kit". But who knows. It does have aftermarket exhaust and modded airbox lid. I guess whenever I have the head off ill know for sure. Is there a way to know what my cam lobe profiles are without taking it out? Any stampings on the end or whatnot? Im assuming aside from taking the head off that'd be an indication as well.

/edit: Oh and it is not running as i bought it in pieces from a friend. I have only ridden one warrior previous to this one, twas a stocker and this did seem faster...

Last edited:
Back