Falling on its face

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Predator13

Reaction score
I have a 98 warrior bone stock except for a pro design air filter I have a 147.5 main and a stock pilot jet when it is at idle and I go to wide open it stumbles and sometimes shuts off otherwise it runs great I have been chasing this for a while I have sprayed carb cleaner around the boot and have no change please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up the pilot jet one size and you can also do the valve cap and pen spring mod to help even more.

What is the valve cap mod?

You take a tire valve stem cap and place it on top of the accelerator pump arm in the carb. This makes the arm that presses on the accelerator pump push it sooner and farther down, squirting more gas into the carb when you WOT it from a stand still. Apparently it helps, but I don't have it done to mine.

What does your spark plug look like? Sounds like you may be running rich.

Post a pic of your spark plug.

This stumbling off idle is a common problem on the warriors when you add an aftermarket air filter/exhaust without upping the pilot jet. They are slightly lean on the pilot stock so the added airflow causes the stumbling.

Did take the pilot jet out I must have changed it when putting the bigger main in it I must have forgot should I put in a 47.5 ?

I should have said when I pulled it , it was all ready a 45

How much of a difference is the 45 pilot jet compared to a 47.5 pilot jet

I was talking to a Yamaha mech said I should not have to rejet the carb just for a pro design air cleaner I am really confused now I took all the extra stuff off brake and clutch stuff it's a bone stock warrior but still have the that dead spot when I stab the throttle a 147 main and a 45 pilot jets

Yes sir I did still have the dead spot

Back