doing another 366 build on my 03 warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvvette97

Reaction score
Hey all I miss my 2000 warrior I had my 366 build done but had to sell it because of a divorce. Well got a really nice 03 that I wanna do about the same build to. Already ordered a new JE 10.5 piston for it. I have been running it currently with a stage 1 hotcam and ported head with KW spring and one leaf removed from the head gasket to bump compression a little. Also run an fcr 39 as well. I am thing after I get this jug bored and the 10.5 piston in do you think it would hurt to use my head gasket with the one leaf removed? Any idea how much compression that will bump it? I wasn't worried about it before since I was using the stock compression piston. I was just guessing with the 10.5 piston and one leaf removed that it may put me up in the 10.75-11.0 compression. Is that pump gas safe? Also is there a better cam for a high compression 366 that would work better than the stage 1 hotcam? I have a stage 2 but it seemed to really hurt the low end torque. What ya all think? thanks guys.:atv:

That would be fine on pump gas but you need a special gasket for the bore size of the 366. If you want a better cam for your ported head I'd use the .415 cam from cwr or mega.

On my last 366 I took a dremel to the head gasket and cut it out to fit the bore. It worked fine. Never did have a problem with it. I just figured I would do the same thing again to this one

Got it done tonight. I ended up doing alot of head porting and tossed in my stage 2 hotcam. i seem to have the fcr carb pretty close. I done alot more head porting on this 366 build compared to my last build and it really seems to pull hard. I'm not sure what my compression is since I removed a leaf from the head gasket but I didn't hear any knock on pump gas. Have to take it out for a while when I get off work during the day light so I can really get a feel for it. I was surprised with the stage 2 cam because on my last 366 it seemed to lose alot of bottom end torque but with this build I didn't notice it. Running more compression so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

The compression makes all the difference
Any idea what compression i am running with the 10.5 piston with a leaf removed from the head gasket? I know it would bump it a litle but not sure how much. my guess it would be about like removing the base gasket like some people do.

Back