NOOB Needing some help with grip selection

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smtippin

Reaction score
I've been lurking ever since I happened into a ROUGH 87 Warrior but since I was able to find everything I needed to this point by searching as a non-member, I had no need to post. Now...since it is probably a dumb question, I can't find it on this forum. So, here is my first post:

What (cheaper) grips do I buy and do I want a flange or not? I found THIS thread, which lead me to the Spider A3 or Oury, but I'm not sure if these Warriors like a flange or flangeless grip. I have yet to get the warrior running and the grips were pulled before I got it so I'm not sure if a flange is preferred, will interfere with running this little gem, or doesn't matter at all.

Thanks in advance for the advice,
s

Grips are all personal preference. I run the ODI Rouge Lock-On Grips, size 120mm with the 3/4 flange. These grips are awesome and you can get them for $25 on ebay. As for just general recommendations, I would run a grip with a flange, because if you don't your hand will hit the clutch perch and thumb throttle mount. You may have to trim the bottom side of the flange on the throttle side, to insure that the thumb throttle doesn't get caught on the flange and hold the throttle wide open. (Had it happen lol, it's scary).

i second those ODIs. at first i thought 25 was way too much just for grips but they make up with the difference. and not having to mess with glue or hairspray, where they always move on me no matter what i do anyways, is a major plus. having big hands, i got the 130mm but now i still wish i got the 120mm. and definitely get the flange. personally, im not much of a fan of those foam disks you can get. too flimsy but theyre better than nothing. others ive tried were Protaper pillow top and a pair of cheap Scotts. the Scotts lasted me for years before i just decided to try something different with my new handlebars, and the pillow grips were ok but wore out fast. theres a lot of talk behind ODI. many people swear by them once they use them. very comfortable and the larger diameter seems to give me a better handle on the steering.

ODI's are nice, but if you want inexpensive, good ones, the Spiders are the way to go.

I prefer the bmx style A'me grips. They are flanged but I have a twist throttle. Regardless I like the flange. $9.99 with free shipping on eBay. Plenty of colors to choose from too.

ODI = Bad Ass

i love my ODI grips. Wish i purchased a set along time ago

Back