1998 Warrior Trail Bike

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFDfireman524

Reaction score
This is my new to me 98 warrior. When i got it the carb was overflowing gas from the bowl and had weak front breaks and no rear breaks and the cam cover has a small leak. So far I've managed to get the carb to stop overflowing (cleaned it) and got new break pads ordered.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 14
no problem just need to know where to find it lol. I've seen people talking about their elite stuff but im not exactly sure what it is

Last edited:
It's in the pictures section. The elite section is a dedicated section of the forum to the warriors that are wild crazy and moddified to the teeth. When you look at those builds you will understand what I'm talking about

All right.... Went for a ride today and had a bit of an issue. The bolt and lock washer holding on the front sprocket came off and i lost the washer. So I've ordered a new washer and Clymer manual and went ahead and ordered a new o-ring to fix my leaky cam cover.

Also there's a strange sound coming from the top of the motor. sounds like to me it may be the cam chain. Do cam chains start to make more noise as the go bad? it doesn't sound like grinding or ticking just kinda like a dull hum.

These engines are known for valve "tick" completely stock. And, yes, the timing chains wear out somewhat regularly on these engines as well. You will need to put the piston at top dead center of the compressions stroke. Then, remove the 12mm hex head bolt in the timing chain tensioner. Lastly, remove the tensioner from the cylinder, it has two 8mm head bolts. Once it is out, measure how far out the plunger is, then pull the plunger out the rest of the way to so see how much further it can travel. If it comes out a 1/4" or less, replace the chain. FYI, the tensioner is located on the back of the cylinder, on the left side of the bike. You will need a flywheel puller and stator cover gasket to replace the chain. A 1/2" impact makes removing the flywheel all the more easier.

Ok i went to install that new lock washer onto my bike and there isn't enough room to slide the washer onto the output shaft (my guess is that's why the other one came off).
Also there is a spacer directly behind the sprocket that is keeping the sprocket from sliding back far enough to allow washer onto the shaft my repair manual isn't showing anything but an oil seal directly behind the sprocket. Really at a loss here any help would be appreciated.

Also i haven't been able to figure out how to make the pictures show up in the quick reply.

Back