Brand new carb leaking fuel from overflow?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebluebeast

Reaction score
Bought a Zoom Zoom carb to replace my messed up stock one, worked great for about a week. No fuel leakage and ran better then before. Now, a few weeks later my warrior is leaking gas out the overflow again, while riding and while
in storage. It is running super rich, sputters up to 1/4 throttle and using way more fuel than usual, since it leaks out and it's running real rich. The carb maybe has 5 hours on it, haven't been riding too much lately. I tried lowering the float height to 1/2", it was just a bit out of spec. Also, there was some dirt and a hair in the seat, which I removed. The fuel tank, line and carb are all clean. I am running a fuel filter too. Any ideas? I might try lowering the float height even more or buying a new needle, maybe the Zoom Zoom one is defective. Thanks for any help

try taking the carb out and blowing through the fuel tube with the float seated and see if air passes by. that will tell you if its seating properly. i also wonder if zooms have different float specs. when you get the float set right there's a good chance your mixture will correct itself. maybe just adjust the idle a little

try taking the carb out and blowing through the fuel tube with the float seated and see if air passes by. that will tell you if its seating properly. i also wonder if zooms have different float specs. when you get the float set right there's a good chance your mixture will correct itself. maybe just adjust the idle a little

I did this last time I had it apart, and no air passed through, I was surprised.

Also, just to clarify, when I lower the float height by bending the float tang up (with the carb upside down) does this decrease or increase the amount of fuel entering the carb? I'm pretty sure it decreases the fuel level but was just wondering if anyone else had a different idea. I've been thinking about this a bit and couldn't seem to picture it in my mind. Thanks

i think you would actually be raising the float adding more fuel. the further the distance of the float to where you measure from would be the lower the float is.

Cj is right by lowering the float toward the needle while upside down your increasing fuel to the carb by lift the float up while upside down your decreasing flow leaning it out if it's running rich you may have had a similar problem to what happened to me the jet that came in my aftermarket carb was over sized compared to a standard carb with standard jetting. What carb did you get factory or alternative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back