Hey There

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atom0s

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new here and eager to start learning a bit about my new quad.

I recently purchased a 2002 350 Warrior from my neighbor and have started researching it quite a bit. It needs some love to get it back up and running and I want to make sure that I get the right parts for it. I found this site while searching for some 350 Warrior things and am very happy to have found it.

From the look of things there are a lot of owners here that can be of great assistance in helping me get the things I need and getting the correct parts for my specific model.

http://i.imgur.com/4lgEy4F.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jjKsQeO.jpg

Currently I'm still trying to figure out the exact model number. Since there are multiple different models of the 350, is an easy way to determine the exact make/model?

Last edited:
Yours is a YFM350X (Yamaha Warrior 350)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A warrior is a warrior is a warrior... very little changed over the years. But here's a run down of what changed.
87-88 front suspension, rear suspension and brake system is different
87-89 wiring is all different. And square headlights
89-91 different harness if I remember right, and headlights moved up by the bars
91-97 wire Barnes is different and changed to round headlights
97-01 different electronics
02-04 different electronics
05+ raptor different plastics, rear suspension changed, and intake changed. Few more detailed parts but nothing that won't interchange.

They are all about the same just order electronics for a 02-04

Thanks for the heads up guys. I saw a handful of different model numbers on the net so wasn't sure what the differences were overall.

Started pricing out some pieces I'm sure I will need for getting this guy back up and running. My neighbor said it hasn't been turned on in over a year and has just been sitting in their garage. So after a small look over I'm looking at needing:
- New tires / rims (they are a bit damaged).
- New oil/air filters.
- New battery.
- New fluids (oil, breaks, etc.)
- New battery cables as one of them is completely missing.

Overall nothing too major looking at prices. Tires are probably going to be the most expensive thing to get.

Outside of Ebay what are some places everyone would recommend buying parts from? I've personally had really bad experiences with ebay in the past and refuse to use it ever again. I'd rather buy from a company that is reputable rather then by a person that is out to scam. Just trying to collect some sites to look for things on that are well priced and actually send you what you buy etc.

Been nearly a year since I posted here but finally got the Warrior up and running. Landed up taking it to a shop and had the repairs done there. What we thought was going to be a simple few repairs turned into a two-month process of everything wanted to be broken/dead.

In terms of what was needed/done:
  • Two new rear rims.
  • Two new rear tires.
  • New battery.
  • New starter (old one was destroyed).
  • New stator.
  • Full carb kit.
  • New spark plug.
  • New fuel tap gasket.
  • New battery terminals, old ones were ripped off and duct taped back.
  • New line filter.
  • New fuel line.
  • Full oil change.
  • New oil filter.
  • New oil cap.
  • New o-rings.
  • New reservoir tank and hose (old one was ripped off and line was duct taped off.)
  • New rear brake pads.
  • New gasket cover.
  • New front rims. (Tires were in ridable condition still.)
  • 9 hours of labor.

Total cost to fix the Warrior and get her running again was $1,700. Most of which was labor at $80/hour. I'm not too worried though since it would have taken me months to do it myself as I'm not a mechanic or used to working on engines/ATVs. Either way, she's finally back up and running and doing well. :)

Finally got to have a good ride and overlook and things look pretty solid. All the plastics are in decent condition with no breaks/chips or repair kits on it anywhere, nerf bars are in great condition with the nets still fully in-tact. The only 'damage' to the frame is a small dent in the front which is not a big deal. Some engine plastics are chipped / broken and the tail light cover is shattered but those are parts I can get and fix myself for cheap.

Very happy with the Warrior now that things are in order and shes up and running.

---

Some side questions for anyone that can assist with these:

1. There are some stickers from the neighbor left on the ATV that I would like to remove off the plastics. What is the best way to remove them without having peeling issues or damaging the plastic? (This includes old registration stickers, as well as some bumper stickers that normally go on a car.)

2. The gear alignment seems a bit off but I wanted to make sure before I have someone look into that. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear all feel to be in the same area in terms of RPMs. Barely moving, the Warrior is revving high until I'm in third gear. Almost to a point where it's just easier to start in 2nd gear and shift up to 3rd right away. Is this normal for a Warrior or should I have things looked at for that? It rides fine as-is, but just want to be sure.

3. My Warriors plastics are currently white and black, and I was thinking of potentially painting them or plasti dipping them a different color. Is there a recommended method of going about doing this without buying new plastics of a different color?

Back