Screw hatfield mccoy

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgerunner

Reaction score
I live in Mingo county wv and I constantly see people coming from all over to ride Hatfield mccoy trails. I'm here to tell ya its a waste of money cause there's so many other trails that are 10 times better. I live by a mines that I can go up and ride for days . I'm 18 and that's all I've done my whole life I've had dirt bikes, trackers, atvs and hands down would rather just hit the ridge infront of my house instead of Hatfield mccoy. You can go up there on a Saturday night and they'll be 50 people in one spot, Bon fires everywhere you look and anybody will hand ya a beer. Anybody plannin on coming to southern wv to ride just give me a holler I'll show you around all for free

Well not too much around my part of the state; but a few hours upstate; its awesome.

Personally, I love the Hatfield trails. For an out-of-stater, it's great. Plenty of trails, great accommodations, TRAIL MAP... Lots of fun. Honestly, I go there with my family and/or friends so WE can get away from it all. I'd rather ride trails that are deemed to "lesser quality" by locals, then to ride other locally known trails, and have to have a "trail guide" so I don't get lost. Much prefer to be on my own, with a map, then be led trough terrain that I am unfamiliar with. Especially when I'm 4+ hours from home. Not like I can just call up any old friend if I'm in a bind on the trail, or limp home. There's plenty of challenging terrain on the Hatfield trails for all skill levels, and there is certainly plenty of mileage to get your jollies off. But, that's just me.

I use to work in Mingo county lol years ago, Rode Hatfeilds many times but I agree a lot more options for riding, the local strips are packed on weekends with people having a good time.

Back