Switch to a honda carrier the cheap way

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadLastRacing

Reaction score
I guess this is quite a popular mod for the banshee riders out there. Heres what one guy did.

788214064_photobucket_60752_.jpg

788214064_photobucket_60751_.jpg

788214064_photobucket_60750_.jpg

788214064_photobucket_42924_.jpg

788214064_photobucket_42923_.jpg

And here is the web site to buy the parts needed. JJAndAracing.com
I still need to find out what size carrier and harness a warrior has and how that is different from a banshee, just to make sure that out axle will go into something. Hey 87, arent you useing a 450 carrier now?

Yeah i got a 450 carrier.... But its a lil too wide for i had to modify the sprocket hub a bit to get the chain to line up. If i remember right it was like 1/4 inch wider... This is a cool mod!!

Would it be more difficult to just use the entire swing-arm assembly from the honda? What's the benefit of this? Better durrability? Better bearings? Are the axles cheaper for hondas? lol

Changing the swing arm from a honda wont work... But its much easier to tighten your chain and it will hold the chain tension for alot longer time. And its lighter, the carrier that the bearings go into is aluminum or billet like mine is.

How do you tension the chain on that one? The one on the warrior just has the 2 screws right? I know I tightened mine up pretty tight (too tight) and rode it once down the street and got back and checked and it was now about the right tension so it loosened up in just that little use. It hasn't moved anymore then that now but thought it was strange.

I don't have any welding gear so be hard for me to do this lol. I'd love to get a welder but the only thing I could afford is a cheap one.

Sick! The banshee axle is much smaller then the warrior axle around were the bearings ride so I'm interested in how this will work

You tighten the chain by loosening the 2 bolts and rotate the carrier and it tightens. The carrier has 2 cam lobes so to speak on it that when rotated it tightens or loosens the chain

Oh that's interesting. Is that what the little disc on the left side is that has the holes? You put some sort of tool in the hole to rotate the hub.

The one on the warrior you haveto loosen the carrier adjust it to proper settings and retighten it all without gtting it out of square the honda you loosen 4 pinch bolts that squeze a cylender in place and the axle ios offset in the carrier so when you loosen it then you tur the carrior and it will move the carrier eather forward or back

Oh that's interesting. Is that what the little disc on the left side is that has the holes? You put some sort of tool in the hole to rotate the hub.

Yupp the part with the holes is what is used to rotate the carrier. Ive found that a 1/4 inch long extension for a ratchet fits in it perfect and makes it super easy to tighten or loosen. I can tight my chain it less than a minute, it makes it that much easier. Plus ive had my swingarm for about 1 year now and ive honestly only tightened it twice, so it holds really good.

But to install either needs some welding right? Either being the 450 or the Honda.

Well this is all about the HONDA style carrier holder. I just have a Lonestar yfz 450 carrier in mine, cause the lonestar carrier that came with the swingarm was busted, so i had to imprevise. But to do this mod yes it would require welding and making sure that carrier holder is perfectly square to the front sprocket.

Yeah, funny thing is both of those carriers seem to be cheaper on ebay then the actual Warrior carrier lol.

if doing this I think the easiest way would be to use a banshee axle, and any other parts which should be cheap if buying used

The banshee carrier doesn't adjust the same way though right? Does the banshee swing arm fit the warrior?

if doing this I think the easiest way would be to use a banshee axle, and any other parts which should be cheap if buying used

Thats what im thinkin too. He means using a lonestar banshee bearing carrier or equivalant brand but get it for a banshee and use a banshee axle, sprocket hub, and brake disc. Right elwood?

The banshee carrier doesn't adjust the same way though right? Does the banshee swing arm fit the warrior?

I'd like to know the answer to that one as well. The parts guy at the Yamaha dealer says they are different part numbers. But.... What is the difference? I have a nice freshly powder coated Banshee swing arm and would love to be able to use it on my Warrior.

The banshee swingers are about 3/4 inch narrower at the frame than the warriors. Me and Kyler (elite) looked into this....

Back