Air scoops

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MidwayUSA

Reaction score
Made me some air scoops the other day and finally got them mounted last night. My co-worker has a sheet metal brake and had some left over sheet metal scraps from his race car. I made me a cardboard template first and got the shape I wanted then after 2 attempts, got them bent to my satisfaction. Was going to just bend them up out of the flat metal, but he showed me how to fold over a half inch edge to make the edges nice so did that.
warrior_web_48.jpg

warrior_web_49.jpg

warrior_web_51.jpg

warrior_web_52.jpg

Got some 1/2' aluminum strap at Tractor Supply and after 2 attempts on it as well, got a lower cross brace bracket made.

warrior_web_50.jpg

Now to figure out a nice decal to put in the middle of it. Was thinking as large a Yamaha logo as I could get to fit. Any suggestions (show me some pics)

Opted for a large Yamaha logo for now. I noticed my scoops are a little on the small side compared to the ones I see on here. May have to bend some new ones later on.

Close up
scoop_logo.jpg

From a distance
scoop_logo_01.jpg

Last edited:
Is there any good advantage to having air scoops?

I have never overheated my Warrior and I ride for 5 hours without breaks (Dont even know how to tell it overheated :p)

It's not about overheating, the oil gets real hot in these engines which is why so many recommend an oil cooler. Keeping an engine cooler has more benefits then just not overheating though.

More air flow can't hurt. Even some of the water cooled ATV's have scoops to direct air to the radiator and engine. I figure it can't hurt, and I think they look cool. Nice place for some decals since I don't like decals on the plastics.

I am thinking on looking into this as I own a sheet metal brake (And my dads a sheet metal worker..) Any tips?

Measure cut, measure bend, measure cut, measure bend, until you get the fit and shape you want :)

I made a cardboard template to get the shape I wanted then transferred the measurements to the metal and bent it. Cross brace/bracket was kind of a pain, but mine is made from 1/2" flat aluminum bar stock. The scoops are sheet metal like they use on Late Model or IMCA modified race car bodies. I was lucky enough to have a source for some scrap in white.

Scoop should point the air toward the jug/cylinder head as much as possible.

Last edited:
I realize this is an older post, but do you or anyone still fabricate air scoops and if so would be willing to make me a set, and give me a price shipped to 48050

Back