Parking Brake Blockoff and Clutch Lever for Raptor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey got a new question, anyone got a MSR clutch lever setup? i saw it on rockymountainatv and they have a standard size and a shorty size. i was wondering if anyone knows how much shorter the shorty one is and if it would possibly have any advantages over the standard one? the only thing i could think of is that it could possibly be less susceptable to damage in a wreck since it is smaller, but would a shorty lever be a good idea, or would i be better off with a standard lever? also, i found a block off plate and clutch lever kit on magicracing.com for about $30, but i would rather go with the MSR lever setup since you can change it from regular pull to easy pull and has the grip thingy (technical term) on the lever. what do yall think?

If nobody else does one I will do one, right now I don't have a camera, but i'm getting one for a graduation present in June.

right on. so anyone got any insight into the whole msr shorty lever thing? im going to do it soon (maybe when i get paid next week) and i wanna know if the shorty lever is a good idea or not. im going back to a thumb throttle too, so that will be nice. later

The shorty lever will be closer to the bars, and will have less leverage, so the clutch pull will be harder than it is already. I wouldn't want one for mine, I am satisfied with the stock length lever.

The good part about a shorty is that if you like to use just two fingers, it is easier with a short lever than a long one. I'm kinda partial to shorts because I usually only use two fingers but it don't really matter to me. I've got long ones now.

I changed the title of the thread to reflect that it is for a rappy. Sorry, I didn't know the warrior was so different when I first did it.

okay. i guess i just need to see one in person (shorty lever) and make my decision from there. thanks

hey yall. any updates on pics of the wiring modifications on the blockoff plate and clutch lever install for a warrior? my perch/lever assembly and blockoff plate will be in on monday, so ill probably be putting them on then. let me know if anyone has pics.

for the warrior, its basically the same idea as on the raptor. Disconnect the block off in back and pull the extra cable from the stock perch. There will be 2 wires/switches running from the clutch lever. On my 2000 warrior it was really simple. One you diconnect a white adapter (junction) and run a few rounds of elctrical tape over the open terminal, and on the other there are 2 junctions. Simply unplug them from the switch and connect them back together. Since your running a new perch you really don't have to take the switches out from the stock one, but if you keep the stocker you can always pop them out with a screw driver.

I sure could use the piece that you adjust the parking break with the part were the cable connects that bolts to the caliber... wanna sell it if so give me a price...

I bent my bars and my clutch a little while ago so i bought new renthal bars and a after market clutch, i am thinking about taking the stupid brake thats on the clutch but theres two wires that have male ends and they plug into the lever, what would i have to do with those? Im pretty sure that one of the wires runs the the CDI unit.

I removed my e-brake and lever. As far the clutch switch, I removed it from the perch, wadded it up and zip tied it up under the hood. I didn't have to cut any wires or splice anything. With the plunger out, the switch thinks the clutch is pulled in. I have had it this way for about a year and no problems, plus if i want to put it back all I have to do is cut the zip tie and plug the switch back into the perch.

As for the clutch switch, you do not have to cut the wires. I pulled the plunger switch out of the stock perch, rolled the wire and switch up and zip-tied them under the hood. Then if you ever want to re-install the stock perch, cut the zip-tie and plug the switch back into the perch.

Hello all, a friend an I have put a 600cc yamaha crotch roctet motor on a worrior or roptor(i think) it looks and sounds Great! The only prob we have run into is that when we have it in neutral(idling), and have the clutch in, as soon as we shift it into 1st with the clutch still in, it kills the engine... Some1 told us it may b a kick stand sensor... Any1 got any ideas??? We used the rockets orig. wire harness. Cut and spliced what it took to get it right,,,well we thought. Thanks for any advice or help!

Ok, having this problem with my 03 Warrior. But the clutch perch has already been replaced by the previous owner. I'm thinking that the wires might have either reconnected, or loosened up. So what I need to ask us, what color are the wires I'm looking for? And which ones need to be wired together, and which seperated?

Wait...so totally stock...it shoujldn't even crank in gear without the clutch depressed? Lol I've scared myself by jerking my quad by accidentally trying to start it in gear.

Back