Official Tire thread

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave76

Reaction score
Here post what you got, what you recommend, also there is no need to bad mouth other members for the tires they like.
There is no pole here as there are too many different variaties of tires. This will help new members and even current ones looking to get info on tires.

I currently have ITP Holeshots HDs 20x11x9 on the rear and ITP Holeshot XCRs 21x7x10 on the front. In the past I've used ITP Holeshot XC 20x11x9 rear and XC 22x7x10 fronts. I liked the XCs, but like the HDs much better. I can't speak of any other brands because I never owned any.

i recoment xcr front 21-7-10 HD rear 20-11-9 holeshots i would not suggest xcr rears at all, they are the worst tires i have ever ridden on in trails

i like the razr2s i have rode the razr1s before and they wear kinda quick sometimes slip and the razr2s have a bigger side wall for better and more traction on the turns

i got razr on c series up front and rzr 2's on the back on .190 douglas wheels...cant speek better for the whole setup!!!!!!!

kenda knarley xc's 21X11X9 (i think but i know its 21) on ITP steel wheels

the itp steelwheels are veryy light and the kendas have a really slow wear with amazing traction and it cost me like 41 per tire on rocky moutain atv and the wheels are really cheap too and look decent better than stock wheels

maxxis raxr 1s- decent...broke loose a little too much for the warrior imo.

dirtdevils- great for trails.... nice tread design for mud slingin

kenda mx-great all around, wear extremely well and slide/turn predictably

itp-holeshot mx- work great....slide awesome best hook up, worst wear

holeshot hd- wear amazing, hook up like hell, and very tough. fronts arent the greatest but awesome tire.

xcrs- close to hds.... felt a little sportier imo

i have the 19" holeshot mxr4s on the rear and 20" mxr6s in the front. They hook up awesome! ridin on wet ground u can slide pretty good but when its dry its alot harder to slide. The only thing bad about them (as anyone else would say) is that they wear FAST. i never ride them on the road and probably only have an 1hr and a half on them and they are already wearin alot around the corners and are startin to round off pretty good. i would only recommend them for someone whos REALLY into mx and actually races alot. They are really great tires tho if u can spend the money but i dont have the money top keep spendin on them so my next set will probobly be the knarleys. and as for the fronts i havent noticed any rounding or anything on them yet.

I like my razr 1's they hook up when I want and need them to, they also slide really well with good bite coming out of turns... they have a lighter feel too them which I like....

If you are going to be riding trails, mud, and snow then i would highly recommend 22" Kenda Bearclaws for the rears. A little on the heavy side but great traction in mud, snow, or trail conditions. Not the greatest for hardpacked conditions due to sidewall flex and it's not what they were designed for but they do good enough for me. Right now I have 21" GBC Mudsharks on the rear and i would also highly recommend them. They are a bit lighter than the bearclaws and handle a little better on hard packed/dry conditions but not quite as well in the mud and snow. Both are great just depends on what type of riding you do the most. As for front tires I have only had the stock which absolutley suck and 21" Maxxis Front Pro which I have right now. The Front Pros are a pretty decent tire. They handle pretty well. The tread cleans out nicely in the mud with the very wide spaced lugs. You can deffinately get better front tires such as Razrs or Holeshots but you can't beat the price of the Front Pros I got mine for like $42 a tire.

I used the PureSports Bandit XC's front and rear when I raced XC. Fantastic handling & traction, and nearly indestructible. When the time comes for new tires on my 350's, I'll likely get the Bandit AT's (same 6 ply tire, just doesnt have the Kevlar belt the XC has).

Second choice is the Maxxis I-Razr front and rear, another great tire.

The Kenda Claw XC also looks like a nice tire, just wish it had a little more aggressive side-biters.

I used the PureSports Bandit XC's front and rear when I raced XC. Fantastic handling & traction, and nearly indestructible. When the time comes for new tires on my 350's, I'll likely get the Bandit AT's (same 6 ply tire, just doesnt have the Kevlar belt the XC has).

Second choice is the Maxxis I-Razr front and rear, another great tire.

The Kenda Claw XC also looks like a nice tire, just wish it had a little more aggressive side-biters.

So the bandits are a good tire when they have tread left? When i bought my warrior it nad bondits on the rear and they were pretty bald so i switched to 22's as soon as i got then last spring i took the 22's off b/c my clutch was goin and there bald as hell but i never did get stuck bad last summer..

So the bandits are a good tire when they have tread left? When i bought my warrior it nad bondits on the rear and they were pretty bald so i switched to 22's as soon as i got then last spring i took the 22's off b/c my clutch was goin and there bald as hell but i never did get stuck bad last summer..

Theyre excellent IMHO. Also one of the few tires I've been able to run without beadlocks (long story) in a race and not unseat. Will always be my first choice for tires.

alot better to the originals!! razr 2 fronts are most likely better than the hd front. the tread seems a lot more tacky. the hd rear hook up is very well rounded and i would run them on any trail bike!

K i need a new full set of tires now. Im looking into the kenla klaws. Does anybody have them? How do they do in loose packed stuff like sand, mud, or just loose dirt. Good for xc racing, hillclimbs, mudding. I live in ohio so being good or decent in mud is a great thing to have but they still have to be good in hard packed stuff because we have are retarded times when it doenst rain for like a month then the rest of the time its raining.

I know bbbthreat has them but he hasnt riden on them yet.

the klaws i run are amazing... the wear is excellent and they handle incredible.

the xc versions are also great from what i have heard. you can get a full set from motosport fro about 180 with 2 day shipping. good deal!

cant go wrong for the price and performance!

Back