need some help and opinions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2001warr

Reaction score
hey guys I picked up a 2001 warrior for next to nothing. got it for 300.
when I got it was smoking like a freight train so I will be rebuilding the engine. but here is where I need help. I wanna go to a +2 front a arm set, and a different front shock setup. where I ride is flat, some woods, and there is a track on the same property. I wanna turn it into more of a "woods" bike. any help will be appreciated also wanna go with different rear shock. I would prefer something I can bolt on and go. thx for ur help:tup:

Put a banshee rear shock on it, and a set of full flight racing a arms and find a set of works shocks either on eBay or on here. That's one of the most common and practical ways to do what your wanting.

thanks dune for the info, im building this more for comfort as I wont be flying thru the woods. just something to upgrade the suspension when me and wife go riding

Go for a banshee rear or a 01 660 raptors rear, Either one is cheap and a lot better than stock. As for arms Fullflights and ASR are the most popular, However with Full Flights I could run GT Thunder yfz shocks and not worry about binding they have different shock mounts. Works shocks are good if rebuilt to your specs, a lot of members run them like Weston said. Overall if you are wanting a starter Woods setup, Skids plates and 6 Ply tires are a must, before you start spending money on aftermarkets make sure all bearings and bushings are tight and make the quad in top top shape then time for the aftermarket parts,Its helps so much in the long run.

that is good advice I appreciate it. when I bought the bike it came with a pro x 83mm piston, topend gaskets, and a repair manual. I guess he was gonna redo the topend. now heres my question since I want to build a woods bike,and have to rebuild the motor already what would you guys suggest. I wanna keep it away from race fuel as I will be trail riding a lot with it with the wife too

Put a banshee rear shock on it, and a set of full flight racing a arms and find a set of works shocks either on eBay or on here. That's one of the most common and practical ways to do what your wanting.

That's my setup except I have a Works Quadstar rear shock. Smooth ride.

that is good advice I appreciate it. when I bought the bike it came with a pro x 83mm piston, topend gaskets, and a repair manual. I guess he was gonna redo the topend. now heres my question since I want to build a woods bike,and have to rebuild the motor already what would you guys suggest. I wanna keep it away from race fuel as I will be trail riding a lot with it with the wife too

Hot cam stage 1, HD valve springs, wiseco 11-1 comp piston, a aftermarket air filter adapter and filter, a good aftermarket exhaust, and re jet the carb and it will run on 91-93 octane (premium) gas.

Back