Feel like I'm drowning

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dballard87

Reaction score
Girlfriend of four years just left me and was already talking about getting back together but she keeps telling me she doesn't know what she wants... After four years... This is the third time this has happened the last one being 2 years ago.. All I do is sit around and cry all day now I'm supposed to talk with her today but I don't know what to do... I feel like I'm going insane... I just want to be with her so bad yet at the same time I don't know if she really wants to be with me or if I'm just talking her into it...

Talking with her at school today ain't looking so hot and I figured out what started all of this her bit$h of a friend telling her I'm not good for her anymore :mad: I know this isn't really for girlfriend issues but I'm close with quite a few of you on here so I figured I would let you guys know what's going on

Relax. Wait for her to come around. Friends put mindsets into others all the time. If they're going to believe them after four years, then she doesn't trust you. Do you really want to be with someone who's going to leave you after their friend tells them something? You love her, but forget about the love for a second. Look at the situation logically, then make a decision based upon facts, not your heart. It's cold, I know, but it's the most logical thing to do.

More importantly, quad or girlfriend? ;)

Yeah I know and I have looked at it logically and I shouldn't give a **** right now but it's just I'm only 17 I was with her for four years that's like a huge part of my life I did everything with her so it's weird now

Well, I can honestly say I've been where you are. Me and my fiancé have been through this about 4 times in the first 8 months we were together. With us it was a case of I knew what I wanted and she didn't. After about a year she calmed down and knew what she wanted. Hence the whole fiancé. Thing.

The best advice I can give you is find some physical labor type work, put headphones on and but your ass. If she comes back which it's up to her if she does you won't have just been setting and sulking. Now when you talk to her this is what I would do, tell her what she means to you, but stress the fact that you only want her back if she is the one wanting it. Doing it that way normally takes longer but gives her the time to think and really weigh it out. Just stay sting bro, it will work out how it's supposed to.

She said she doesn't want to be with me anymore because she is going to move in with her friend in town and get a job and her friend is always at party's and drinking and she just knows we wouldn't work out...

Hey man. I've been thru the ringer with women. As much as you love this girl; she's not the one for you. #1 you deserve better to be treated as such and just set aside. & #2 the REAL woman your supposed to be with is out there. At 17; you will probably go thru a few more girls until you find her. So to sum up; its like childbirth. It hurts& shits a mess for u right now. But once you get thru the pain and move on; it will be a blessing for you. & I bet you come out of this a better; stronger person. You will be all good

To think of all the girls I cried over....even my daughters mother; whom I was with 13 years;...I feel foolish now. I'd shoot myself in the head if I was forced back with any of these woman. I didn't see it at the time; but I thank god everyday I'm not in any of those poisoned relationships right now.

Been trough this so many times my heart is immune to it, Was with my high school sweetheart for 5 years and lost her because of my stubborn and selfish ways now she is a Pediatrician, YEP ****** sucks. Since her I have been in several relationships and been engaged twice and took care of 2 step kids with one of the relationships. You are young with time it all will work out, Don't let her slide though your hands bro you may regret it the rest of your life. It sucks and the littlest things will make a feller tear up, missing the way they do the little things they do, But it will get better, you will start to do things without and learn to cope but no matter what she will always have a place in your mind/body/spirit. Im 31 and would give anything to go back and relive my highschool years. Damn life is rough sometimes. Really good post Dakoda.

Thanks Tim and everyone. She came to my house crying and said it was her bad then I decided it was time for me to make a change as we'll I told her off. I said if we were going to be together it had to be a certain way and I'm not going to change (other than maybe my temper) I'm not just going to cope with it day to day from now on I told her it's either be together 100% or none and she took it.. :) I just hope it stays like that I was actually able to talk with her without getting mad as well which is a good step for me. Thanks again guys it really means a lot to have so many of you that care

Hope it works this time. The teenage years are the hardest. Hormones, new territory, finding your way, uncertainties, doubt... Lots of things. And, women are probably more whacked out from 15-22 years of age. Once they get through college, they start to settle down some. Seems once the schooling is done, they've partied with all their friends (don't ever for a second think that a woman will put you before her friends during that 7-8 year age spread), the stress of making it through college is gone, they're actually out on their own and not living with other women in a dorm/apt/town house, etc, they start acting like grown women and not little girls anymore. Once the real world hits, and they are no longer thinking that college life is the best thing since sliced bread, it'll all come together.

You two are young, have history, are the same age... Hopefully it'll work out for you. But, in my opinion, if she does this again, kick her to the curb. If she can't make up her mind without either consulting her friend (see, there's that whole friend thing), or if she can't ignore all the negative things her friend says about your relationship (particularly if you are a great guy), then she obviously cannot think for herself, and needs more growing up then you do. I JUST went through this earlier this year with a local college girl I was dating. Now, I'm 26, she was 20. That's a pretty big age difference for people under 30 (there comes an age when most people are on "common ground"). But, all seemed to be great when we met, she seemed very different from all the college girls in our town (the local girls are ugh), and we just hit it off. I figured what the hell.

All went well for about 4 months. After 4 months the "newness" of it all started to wear off. That, coupled with her becoming busier with college because of the last semester, began to wear on us. I was becoming increasingly angry over her pretty much ignoring me, with the only excuse being, "I'm just so busy with school." Yeah well here's a reality check for you chicky, I work a 9-5 job everyday, busting my ass, head and knuckles on cars. My day starts and ends with taking care of 20+ animals. During the spring and summer months I have to keep my horses fit for competition. At any given time of the year, I have one or two "projects" to work on. Weekends, I have farm and yard work to do. Yet, I still find time to hang with my bud, ride quads, compete, AND spend time with YOU! You have your college work, friends, and volleyball teammates. Wow, SO much responsibility.

Now that you know that, once I became angry I tried to talk to her. Told her how I was feeling, why I was feeling that way, and what was bothering me. Ya know what that turned into? ALL of her "friends" telling her that I was needy, clingy, and that she should get as far away from me as she could. Those are the exact words I was told her "friends" said to her. Wow, really? None of you could even begin to offer any non-biased advice? Like, "have you actually sat down and talked with him in person?", or, "have you tried putting yourself in his shoes"? From what I was told, none of those "friends" particularly cared that I am a good guy, and although may have added stress to her day, that I was simply trying to communicate. Nevermind how many times I stepped out of MY comfort zone to hang out with her and her friends. Nevermind that I surprised her on a few occasions, in front of her friends (simply showing up out of the blue goes a LONG way). Nevermind that I was happy to give her time with her friends so she wouldn't feel smothered. None of that mattered because in the end, I am at a totally different point in my life then she, and ALL of her friends are at, in her's/theirs life(s).

Was she a great gal, yes. Did she mean me any harm, no. Is that to say she, or I, was right in what we said or did, no, we all screw up. Did she admit that she didn't do as much for me as I did for her, yes, surprisingly. But, the whole "friends" thing is a major drag during those years of a young woman's life. For some very optimistic reason, they believe that the "friends" they have in college, are "friends" they will have for life. Sorry to burst your bubble sweetheart, but, none of you are graduating at the same time. Not all of you are from the same town, state, or possibly country. You are all going in different directions once you graduate. Some will get married, some a job, some grad school, and some will be in "limbo". And, although you or your "friends" may come back that first year after graduation for the parties, once life really starts and those "friends" of yours move on, and new students that are now younger then you and that you have no common ground with are there, you are simply not going to be hanging around the campus like you used to. What they fail to see is that they are only "friends" by circumstance, and those circumstantial "friendships" are only going to be there for 1-3 MAYBE 4 years depending on who's graduating when. If you really wanted someone to be there with/for you after college, you needn't have looked further then my eyes.

The point of all that is; if the person that is supposed to know you better then anyone, can't see past the bullshit coming from her "friend's" mouth, and bases her decisions/feelings about you and your relationship solely on the opinions/experiences of others, then she just isn't going to be worth the heartache. Life is too short to have your stomach tied in knots, and to have your head, and heart, fucked with. End rant...

Last edited:
Thanks for opening up pat that really means a lot for you man ands I hope your able to go out there grab life by the balls and get whatever makes you the happiest man

I ain't grabbing it by the balls, I'm grabbing in by the fuzz! Or, the lack there of! ;)

Latest posts

Back