first crash

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gen1Pat

Reaction score
Back when I was 12, and still in Jersey, I was using my dad's 99 Honda trx300 4x4 to dump some roosters in the woods. We had WAY to many chickens, the roosters wood fight, so we'd dump the bad ones in the woods to fend for themselves. Anyhow, I'm going along in 3rd, cruise down an easy slope to the right and then accel up an easy slope to the left. Big ole 600lb 4x4 hit a big root and my then, novice, average sized self, couldn't compensate and WHAM! Hit a tree almost head on. Destroyed the front rack and bumper, and broke a clip off the front fender that goes under the fuel tank. My dad was so was violently pissed that I sat in my room, still wearing my chest protector and helmut, waiting for my him to end my life. Surprisingly he got a hold of himself and was only glad I wasn't hurt. So I guess you can say I dodged two bullets that day. On a lighter note; shortly after my dad bought that quad new, my mom named it Sophie because my dad rode the quad more than you know who. So with the bumper, rack and front fender off and waiting on parts my dad rode her in the sand pit across the street with his friends and the joke was that Sophie had, "gone topless".

Last edited:
Today I took my first spill on my kx250. Flipped the bike and had it land on my leg while both arms are scratched up pretty bad...

Back