The GoPro Thread

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadLastRacing

Reaction score
Figured I start this thread. Most of the forums that talk about the GoPro's it settings and mounting options, ect. are all about mountain biking(?). No sense in me signing up on yet another forum and then talk to a bunch of guys that go mountain biking.

SO anyways, I figured I'll talk about my setting and tricks that I have found on here, maybe encourage you guys to buy one too and record some of your fun.

First off, the GoPro IS the ****. One of the coolest little toys I have ever gotten as a present. I have the motorsports HD hero. I went out and bought the LCD BacPac and a 16G scandisk sd card for it, tested it out over the weekend.

Took a little bit to figure out what buttons to press, how long to hold them and if it was or wasn't recording, but within an hour or so I had the hang of it.

Two tricks I have found already; ziptie the arm to your helmet so if the mount brakes or it becomes unglued, it's still attached by the backup "rope" to you. Also, the prong end is the same one that a tomtom uses, so if you have a tomtom car charger, you can recharge your gopro out on the trails when you take a break.

I'll post up some pics of how I have it mounted on my helmet and my plans for mounts on my quad. I'm also puttin together a lil video of my first time out using it. I watched all the clips over and over again on Sunday. I felt like I was back out on the trails again. MAN it's a cool toy.

From the looks of it you should stick to 4 wheels and not 2. haha

Nice men. I will maybe post up vids of my bikes... Lol maybe...

Yeah yeah yeah. It was slimy out. I'd like to see you guys try and two wheel it. Hah

I had fun, thats all that matters. I was tryin out some climbs too, they deff look smaller/less steep on vid.

good vid, edit in the good stuff, dont get me wrong its all good and makes me wanna go this sec., but its alot to watch-----------ya'll know what i mean:atv:

I really want to get a Motorsports Hero but you gotta drop a couple hundred on them. I'm waiting for the price to go down really, I've seen people upload cool things that you don't usually expect with gopros. I saw a youtube vid of a group of friends jumping off a rope swing attached to a cliff into crystal clear waters in the caribbean or something like that, filmed with a go pro. there are uses for it beyond the obvious, you can capture sweet stuff with it.

Nice video Dead. Sketchy flying down some of those trails without knowing people are ahead of you. Thought for sure you were about to eat the back of that utility.

Hah, yeah. Thanks. I need to compile some more vids together now. I am trying to get my framing down better, I always seem to point it down to low, guess I just have to ride more........Not A Problem!

I wanna get some climbin vids up. These first few were just me getting a fell for using the damn thing. A lot of my footage I dont use....I forget its on sometimes and shoot boring stuff then I fill the card or kill the battery.

Back