Pen spring and valve cap mod

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gup: where is your accel pump boot? I spent $20 to get new accel pump cuz somewhere on forum it said u needed the boot to hold pressure or pump no work? Is boot not needed?

Gup: where is your accel pump boot? I spent $20 to get new accel pump cuz somewhere on forum it said u needed the boot to hold pressure or pump no work? Is boot not needed?

something i need to get i never noticed a difference without it though

Mines has the boot but it slides up and down (loose) I don't think it's ment to hold pressure .

Did the mod worked great.

Wanted to add that small spring is located under the brass plunger and that the plunger should move up & down freely.

If it does not move freely then work it back & forth through the hole until it loosens up then you should be good to go.

Attachments

• 20150825_092611.jpg
    20150825_092611.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 26
Better acceleration, I did it and it's actually a really good mod to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, I just did the mod the other day and to me the throttle is a lot more "crisp" than it was before. Before it was kinda "mooshy" feeling. I did only the spring swap I tried the valve cap but it was way too tight haha.

Another thing is make sure the spring is the correct diameter or it will stick the plunger down, found this out the hard way haha good thing I tested before I reinstalled.

Back