94 Warrior rebuild...a first for

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jao003

Reaction score
94 Warrior rebuild...a first for me

Hello everyone, I recently bought a 94 Warrior for $300 whose engine was in pieces and the only problem it has is a bent valve and a seized carburetor. The fellow I purchased it from, included most of the parts to get it running again. So now I'm putting it back together and fixing issues with it as I come across them.

Attachments

• 1022151640.jpg
    1022151640.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 1022151756.jpg
    1022151756.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 11
  • 1023151134.jpg
    1023151134.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

When I got the quad home

Changed the reverse shifter rod

Shifter rod that was on quad

Cut off the exhaust so that the rust could be removed and repainted

The piston in quad go figure; good thing the seller gave me an extra piston

The carburetor linkage is seized and will not move; anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Last couples of days I have been cleaning and doing an inventory on the bike. I took apart the starter and there was oil in it, I cleaned the oil and gunk out and ordered a rebuild kit for it, soaked the carburetor in Pine-Sol solution for 3 days to break up dirt and grime and will clean passages and orifices on it with carb cleaner when i get its rebuild kit in. The carb is no longer seized and moves freely and springs back closed like it should. Removed and cleaned the entire breather assembly. Checked out the wiring harness and saw that the regulator rectifier was missing and that the fuse was wrapped in aluminum foil. I plan on removing the harness and looking for frayed wires to hopefully find out what is causing the fuse to blow; and order a rectifier for the harness. Overall though the harness looks intact.

Where bout's do you live in NC. I have a lot of parts & stuff laying around that could help you out.

Got a few more things done this weekend. Got my starter rebuilt and installed onto quad. Pulled the wiring harness off and cleaned it and all connectors then reinstalled and also installed new coil on bike. Removed old gouged up piston, cleaned up frame and crankcase of engine with degreaser. Got a few things on order that I'm waiting for; carb rebuild kit, valve covers, timing chain tensioner, intake and exhaust valves and top end gasket kit. Hopefully I can get the engine back together this weekend.

Some of the wires

Stator wires

Blurry pic but piston is removed

Front end where the coil goes

Generic coil

Back