Winter Stories!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler

Reaction score
Well since the snow is almost here I thought I would start a thread about every ones riding adventures or whatever this winter!

So yesterday (Christmas eve) me and my friend and his sister went riding it was me and my buddies sister on my warrior ;D and my friend on his Honda fourtrax 300. We were riding some trails and there were two creeks, the first one was nothing only about 6 - 8 inches deep we went through that fine. The next creek we stopped to check it out because it looked deep. We threw a rock or two in it and tried to check how deep it was with a stick, it LOOKED about a foot deep so still no big deal. Well my friend is like well I think you should go first, and I was like alright whatever so I hit it in first gear high rpm and I went off in that creek and the water was over the seat, By the way its like 30 degrees outside! So water goes through the carb into the motor, so im like well crap as my four wheeler starts to float down stream lol. So we pull it outta the creek take the seat off and turn it up to drain the water out of it and water just keeps coming out for what seems like forever. So then we pull it back to the shop and drain it AGAIN! then we let it sit for like two hours. Went back to the shop and tried to start it and it fires right up! HELL YA YAMAHA FOR LIFE!!!!!!

hey Tyler, how do you like your snow storm today! what you have about 12" of snow? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

^lol i dont think it was quiet 12" but it was enough to make my warrior just sit there and spin like hell and not even move lol I was in 6th gear at one point and moving at a 1st gear speed lol but im putting my new razrs on tomorrow morning and i cant wait! im hoping it will actually get some traction!!

Yeah, if you're having trouble in the snow with Swamplites it's going to be twice as bad unless the lites were really worn out. I had Swamplites and till that point they were the best tires I had ever used in the snow. I have 21" Holeshot GNCC's on the 700 now and they kick some serious ass in the snow for a sport tire. My buddy has an Eiger 400 with 28" Swamp Foxes and he had to throw his in 4x4 to even make an attempt at keeping up with me in about 10" of snow last weekend. The standard razrs just don't have big enough lugs to really dig into the snow.

Well that really sucks about the razrs, but we only have snow for like 4-5 days a year so I think I can deal with it lol And as for the swamp lites I have like yours they were pretty worn down.

We only got snow here which sucks fourwheelers and sleds are way more fun on ice.

from yesterday the snow was so deep that it stayed nice and powdery the whole time perfect for roosting the guy next to you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EviyZjq0rPE
p.s. after this i got on a sled and went off of one of their quad jumps

YES I had no clue you were the good's atv guy man I always watched the videos and I new you were on the forum but I wasn't sure who it actually was...them old videos you got kill me tho its like 10 different color grains of sand mixed together to make a picture nice truck.

Back