1991 warrior starting issue

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devin_h33

Reaction score
Hello, I recently replaced my starter in my warrior. When I try to start it the starter spins for about 5-10 seconds then i can hear it finally catch and start to turn the engine over. It still does this even with a jump pack hooked up. Can I take my starter out and hook it up to a power source to see if the bindex is getting pushed out? If so how? also could it be my starter clutch?
Thank you - devin_h33:atv:

More than likely you have a bad one-way starter bearing (starter clutch). You can bench test the starter, but if it is spinning over, it's most likely good.

warrior starters do on have a bendix. Instead the use a oneway bearing that catches when the starter spins it and coasts when the engine is running. They are a common issue, several years ago they were a expensive fix, but last time i looked it appeared prices have gone down. Put a new oneway bearing in and ideally a new 52T gear and and you will be good to go for a couple of years. They don't last forever tho, shitty idea/ design in my opinion.

Oh alright that's what I was thinking it was but I wasn't exactly sure how it worked thanks for your help! I will probably buy one in a couple weeks I've found that a good one (now) is about 100$ can't complain about that.

Latest posts

Back