Warrior oil cooler mod

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Predator13

Reaction score
I need help I want to put an oil cooler mod on my 98 warrior I have a couple questions I can't find answers for: 1 what do I need for the oil filter cover I read you need an oil pump c clips ect I thought you can just get the cover? 2 does the direct shifter hit the cover 3 the clutch cover mod how does it pump the oil to the oil cooler 4 any mods for inside the clutch cover I know I have a million questions but that's all for now thanks Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. You need a 1995 (style) Big Bear 350 Oil Filter Cover, adapter, and bolts to do the oil filter cover cooler.
2. The direct shifter will hit the Big Bear oil filter cover.
3. The clutch cover mod works by tapping into an internal oil galley. Two holes are drilled into this galley about 1.5" apart, and then the center of the galley between these two holes is plugged. This forces oil out of the galley into the cooler, then the cooler returns the oil back into the galley. There are several good threads on here explaining how to do this, I would recommend you look them up.
4. I don't really know what you are asking here, but the inside of the clutch covers remains the same after doing the mod. However, you do need to remove the cover from the quad to do the mod.

Some background info on these mods: First off, you only need one, so either pick the Big Bear Oil Filter Cover cooler OR the clutch cover mod cooler. Second, the clutch cover mod is considered to be the better cooling system, however, both systems perform well and really help keep the warriors cool. If you don't have many machining skills, I would recommend the big bear style cooler, unless you can find a modded clutch cover for sale.

Thanks for the info I think I will go with the clutch cover mod I will search for the mod my question is does it have pics? That would be great thanks again

Can you point me in the right direction I can't seem to find the thread

Does anyone on here do the mod I will gladly pay to have it done ship my clutch cover to them and pay shipping back and pay for their time and have the parts installed thanks Keith

Looking for a clutch cover for a 98 warrior set up for the oil cooler mod will pay good for a good used one$$$$$$$$&

i can probably hook you up, i have 2 clutch covers that would be perfect candidates.... my number is 8142291544 text me. however i am busy at work today so i would be able to talk much. basically i can mod one of my covers and ship it to you for a price. then you can just buy the rest of the parts needed off the shelf (ebay)

Latest posts

Back