OH BOY! More Problems :D

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zep

Reaction score
So I just had my 1998 warrior rebuilt, Tons of problems anyway when I first start it likes to smoke pretty bad blue/white smoke... Runs like a nice little tank after then only smoking when I get on it or take off nice and fast...
I have rode it maybe 6/7 hours so far and I check the oil which was perfect the other day and its not even visible... I assume thats a problem? Do I top it off or is there something else wrong with it....

who rebuilt the engine? Take it back to the person that rebuilt it because the rings didn't seat. Possible reasons they didn't seat are... cylinder out of round, just worn out, scuffing. All of those would require a bore job. If the cylinder is fine maybe the builder didn't hone the jug or possibly even lined up the gaps of the rings or even honed it with a hone tha was too coarse. Either way it's the builder. If you did it yourself then pull it apart and look it over and see what you did wrong. Also remember to always replace valve seals while the head is off. They will dry out with age. Let us know what you find:atv:

The weird part is only hard acceleration and starting makes it smoke so wheres my oil going

Latest posts

Back