Newb from NJ on the block

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's up guys. Just joined this site... I been riding since I was 3 and I'm 40. Had dirt bikes 3 wheelers and quads also ride on the street. Picked up a mint warrior yesterday off Craig's list and I found this place looking for info on doing some mods. I picked up a 2004 that's hardly been ridden. Got it amazingly cheap. So I'm back at it. Here's a shot of my first ride when I got it off the truck yesterday.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435360187.402018.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435360200.674243.jpg

Not sure why but from the looks of the pics on my phone there's a quality issue. Any advise on settings?

Weeeeeee action park..... Personally I'd never ski mountain creek. Too many people... Good to have ya around. I ride once in a blue moon over in West Milford.

Weeeeeee action park..... Personally I'd never ski mountain creek. Too many people... Good to have ya around. I ride once in a blue moon over in West Milford.

Hahahahah nice! I lived in west Milford for 5 years. My pops still lives there. I don't know the area well snuff to park someplace and take off. So I'm just getting my feet wet around the Vernon mountains.

Yo I'm about 20 min away nice to see some people from jersey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum! Aftermarket pipe, UNI Filter, removed airbox lid, and jets are the easiest things you can do power-wise. Full body skid plate is great to have if you ride rocky areas. Big Bear oil cooler mod is a great mod if you plan on riding in hot environments (unlikely since it's December lol). Direct shifter mod and Raptor Clutch mod are must-haves. Makes clutch pull not a chore and shifting is super tight. in the carb, the pen spring mod on the accel. pump and valve cap mod to remove the space between the activator and the accel. pump really helps throttle response. Gearing & tire size are your preference. I also hear people buying extended A-Arms and Swingarms, but I don't know much about that stuff. I'm probably gonna keep mine stock width and length for awhile. Steering stem stabilizer also helps a bunch if you plan on bumpy rides. If you have any questions on anything Warrior, just ask these guys! Lots of great minds in the forum!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Aftermarket pipe, UNI Filter, removed airbox filter, and jets are the easiest things you can do power-wise. Full body skid plate is great to have if you ride rocky areas. Big Bear oil cooler mod is a great mod if you plan on riding in hot environments (unlikely since it's December lol). Direct shifter mod and Raptor Clutch mod are must-haves. Makes clutch pull not a chore and shifting is super tight. in the carb, the pen spring mod on the accel. pump and valve cap mod to remove the space between the activator and the accel. pump really helps throttle response. Gearing & tire size are your preference. I also hear people buying extended A-Arms and Swingarms, but I don't know much about that stuff. I'm probably gonna keep mine stock width and length for awhile. Steering stem stabilizer also helps a bunch if you plan on bumpy rides. If you have any questions on anything Warrior, just ask these guys! Lots of great minds in the forum!

Thanks for all the great info!! When u say Raptor clutch mods what are u referring to? I just put a new clutch in it and yes the PULL is hard as hell and I don't feel connected to the machine wile I'm riding. Seems too hard to get a good feel especially in the trails.

The raptor clutch cable mod is easy and cheap. Basically, you buy the raptor 350 clutch cable, cable mounting bracket and bolt. It re-routes the cable to the other side of the machine and pulls on the clutch arm from under the carb. There are tons of threads on it here. Find one and it'll tell you how to do it. I have some pics of it on my build thread on page 10. It helps even more if you get a better clutch perch and lever. It helps a lot, definitely one of the better mods for these warriors.

Thanks for all the great info!! When u say Raptor clutch mods what are u referring to? I just put a new clutch in it and yes the PULL is hard as hell and I don't feel connected to the machine wile I'm riding. Seems too hard to get a good feel especially in the trails.
Exact parts you'll need are as follows:

5YT-16340-00-00 PUSH LEVER ASSY

90508-16022-00 SPRING, TORSION

5YT-15441-10-00 HOLDER, CLUTCH CABLe

95817-08045-00 BOLT, FLANGE (95802-08045-00)

5YT-26335-10-00 CABLE, CLUTCH

Cheapest I could find 'em is PartsFish.com, you can just go there and type in the part numbers that I underlined. Make sure the part is for the Raptor clutch cable/pull mech., , I think 2 of 'em on there come up with multiple results when you type the numbers in, but the other 3 should have just 1.

Last edited:
You actually don't need the new clutch arm and spring. You can just flip the warrior clutch arm upside down, clock it counter-clockwise and then re-install the spring as well. Many people have done it this way, including myself, and it works just fine.

You actually don't need the new clutch arm and spring. You can just flip the warrior clutch arm upside down, clock it counter-clockwise and then re-install the spring as well. Many people have done it this way, including myself, and it works just fine.
Sweet, thanks for the info! Lol I had no idea.

So whatg exactly makes the clutch pull easier?

The angle that the cable makes relative to the clutch arm makes the pull easier. If you look at a stock warrior clutch cable and arm (in the engaged position, meaning the clutch lever is not pulled), the cable will make an acute angle (<90 degrees) with the clutch arm. This makes the pull difficult, because you are putting the cable at a disadvantage mechanically. Now take a look at the cable on the raptor 350 set-up. This angle will be greater than or equal to 90 degrees, which gives the cable a mechanical advantage over the stock warrior setup.

The reason the warrior setup was designed poorly is because the header was in the way of were the cable bracket needed to be in order to run the correct geometry. (I assume this was issue).

Back