Box o warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeessfore

Reaction score
So bought a warrior in pieces. Started to reassemble everything. Now I have no spark and push button doesnt work. Has new stator, new starter. Im leaning toward bad cdi since its pretty banged up. Any ideas?

upejesat.jpg

When I put my warrior together, the push button didn't work and found out that the switch inside the cluster was corroded and wasn't making contact. Check the switch wires with a multimeter to check that the button works. I doubt its your problem but it happened to me, could happen to others too. I had to take the cluster apart and sand the contacts and now the button works perfect.

Ok so ruled out
Stator, pickup, coil, switch on bars, parking brake, reverse switch and bad grounds. Really leaning toward CDI. Also noticed neutral and reverse lights dont work but bulbs could be bad

But Ill have to double check and make sure the contacts arent messed up. I only metered the fuse

I tried hotwiring it since the key is new I thought the china junk wasnt working. Ill check the little ground. I thought it was connected but will go over again to make sure

Bought new cdi no spark still. Not coil, cdi, stator, parking brake, or reverse switch. Could incorrect flywheel give off no spark? Bad rectifier?

I 100 percent guarantee its the brand new switch. Take the black wire and the black wire with the white stripe at the plug where the key switch plugs in and make a jumper between them. bet you it will spark

Ok at front connections I tied parking park switch like normal, I have am clutch lever so I tied those also. Now I have a b/w wire coming from handlebars going into a b/y wire in main harness but I'm not seeing that on wiring diagram

Ok at front connections I tied parking park switch like normal, I have am clutch lever so I tied those also. Now I have a b/w wire coming from handlebars going into a b/y wire in main harness but I'm not seeing that on wiring diagram

You should have the Black/White wire plugged to the other Black/White not the Black/Yellow.
The B/Y is the clutch switch wire that gets hooked to the Black wire to bypass the switch.

Back