Project DownriverTrash Raptor 350

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeessfore

Reaction score
Story is I found a really cheap 05 Raptor 350 that the guy was having electrical issues. Brought it home to find out it was a 06 Raptor SE. Changed out the stator and got spark. Still wont crank over even with starting fluid. Compression test shows 80-90. So I pulled the engine to rebuild over winter. My goal was to flip it but with the money I will have to put in id rather sell off Pinky my backup quad and make this my own. So far Ive purchased some OE parts off Beastmode to unrig the previous owners mistakes. Today I scored white plastics off CL for $40 and I also grabbed a VM36 from Beastly. Just gonna clean all up and get rid of the blue stuff lol

8eja8e5e.jpg

Last edited:
Its not as bad I as I thought, The other 660 I just bought is awful compared to this, I don't even wanna post mine now lol

The engine is the worse of it. I have one from a 90. Gonna take and rebuild this one. All in all I should be under $900 for full bike unless issues come up.

I haven't seen many raptor builds lately other than mine so Im excited to see this come together. Honestly its in great shape and I like the color scheme, Sure couldn't beat those white plastics for 40 bucks

Hell no. Guy posted um on cl and 30 mins later I'm at his door lol couldn't let them go. They look brand new. Think I'm gonna black out all the blue and buff out the original black frame. I also have better tires n rims going on it. Not going to insane just clean up and make reliable

Went through front suspension and tightened all the castle nut he left loose and new pins. Also cut the welded on rear grab bar/fender bracket and getting it ready for new one.

Tore open case to go all through it and clean everything. Metal pieces everywhere from blown crank bearings. I have a new crank, gaskets and wiseco ready to go in this weekend.

3b2380264d9611e395e20aa496a2d2bb_8.jpg

Scored a STD bore wiseco off eBay because this is what happened to the original.

692ce7dc4f2111e3a4fe12e807355677_8.jpg

Last edited:
Got new crank on, Wiseco STD bore, honed jug and new gaskets. Starting to look like a real engine. Still need to order clutch and poss cam.

0d5a985a4fe911e39516120a11bdc3c5_8.jpg

34dcfa084fe911e3ab4312a88b523f66_8.jpg

Latest posts

Back