Another FNG

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pistonman

Reaction score
Just wanted to kind of intro myself,I am a heavy equipment mechanic by trade.
Been around bikes and quads for years, probably older than most of you- (53) always liked Warriors and now I have one. I bought it for my daughter in '06, decided it was too much for her and sold it to my stepson. I had a KFX 700, and a Sportsman 500- both sold.
We went to the Oregon dunes every year for4 or 5 years and then it just sat in my garage.
A week ago he sold it to me for $400 and I stripped it to the frame the next day. I have stripped and painted the frame satin black, repacked stem and swingarm bearings, and put in new seals. Put on 1 1/8 bars and mounts, have a bunch of parts coming. I am going to rebuild the engine with the standard mods.
The title says it is an '87, but there are many things about the frame that say it is newer, but the correct s/n is stamped on it- I am thinking maybe an insurance repair.

The steering stem has a bearing,-has a 2 long bolt axle carrier,- 6 lug rear sprocket,-single cable carb,-no recoil start,- no decompression lever,- and now the big one...what A-Arm configuration? I am hoping I can use aftermarket arms, been searching but there are never any actual measurements... only "wider"or "narrower" etc- but I have nothing to compare it to.
I suppose I will have to put up some pics - Anyway thanks, Brian

Welcome. And I thought I was probably the oldest here (48). lol Let's see those pics.

Thanks guys- gotta go to work today, it is our busy season.
I have pics on my phone, can't seem to post them from it. I will get some up later this evening.
Have to call Rocky Mountain ATV back today, I thought they sent me the wrong sprocket with 4 mount holes, need to get a 6 hole. I really need to figure out the year range on the frame.

They might have sent you a 350 raptor sprocket instead of the warriors, They have great customer service so they will hook you up. I use Photobucket to post pics.

Welcome!
do the lower A arms bolt inside the frame rails? if so it's either a 87 or 88 (1st gen) if they bolt outside the frame rails its anywhere from 89 through 04 (2nd gen)
!st gens they don't make aftermarket a arms for but all the 2nd gens from 89-04 use the same arms hope this helps bro

I think they bolt outside- I sure hope the frame is gen 2.
WP_20130818_001.jpg.html
HDandWarrior007.jpg
HDandWarrior006.jpg
WP_20130901_001.jpg
WP_20130818_001.jpg

Last edited:
Ha! I am looking at a 1993 frame on ebay and it looks the same.
Very strange, I have an '87 title and the vin matches, and looks legit.
Might be able to run aftermarket a arms - let me know when you guys see the pics
Thanks

****, thats a 02-04 frame! those tabs that the neutral and starter relay set on, on the left side of the sub frame are 02-04 only!

I just looked at my original paperwork- the title says 1987, the vin # matches the frame #'s and we switched the title in 2003 (I was thinking '06)
I remember when we got it I thought it had to be 1997 because the whole thing looked new. I am damn glad it is gen 2... A-arms-shocks-wheels- tires...
Going to bore-stroke-cam and hopefully p&p.
When I thought it was gen 1 with no parts availability I was kind of bummed.
So many little things didn't add up year wise when I started researching parts.

Doesn't matter if the title says 87. What matter is the tenth character of the vin. And this is as Weston says, 02-04. Btw, tenth character for 87 is H, 88 is J.

Latest posts

Back