'88 Warrior 350X

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonzo25

Reaction score
Got my first quad ever today....lil rough shape but will enjoy fixing it up. anyone tell me the best place for parts?

2012-07-03_18-29-08_131.jpg

doesn't look half bad for a 88 nice find man!
and welcome
Places for parts would be Ebay,Parts warehouse,and there are a few more places but can;t think of them right now hell depending on what parts your looking for you might find someone on here that has what your looking for

sweet. i have to look in the manual see what things are called. here is what i know....the back brakes do not work. also when i press the start button i kinda just spins. previous owner said he took it to a shop and it needs the throwout bearing in the starter replaced. also the pull start is broken. i will post pics of that tomorrow. other than that i think it is good to go....i hope

sweet. i have to look in the manual see what things are called. here is what i know....the back brakes do not work. also when i press the start button i kinda just spins. previous owner said he took it to a shop and it needs the throwout bearing in the starter replaced. also the pull start is broken. i will post pics of that tomorrow. other than that i think it is good to go....i hope
I have a pull start for sale, and a few other bits from the motor swap on my 87'..
Also it sounds to me like the starter clutch is gone..
Thats a pricey fix..

ugh not what i wanna hear. i will post a video of what happens when i hit the start button....what is pricey?? is this something i can do at home??

ugh not what i wanna hear. i will post a video of what happens when i hit the start button....what is pricey?? is this something i can do at home??
Oh yah, it's not to hard. You need a puller for the mag though..
There is a oneway bearing behind the mag, that rides on the flywheel..
That bearing is the pricey part. In most cases the flywheels needs to be replaced as well. The end of it gets chewed up by the bearing, and it can't be machined.

Mine went twice on my 87'.. It just spins freely when you hit the starter, sounds like the starter isn't engaging.
Thats because it isn't.. lol

The first time I replaced it with used parts. (Don't do that)
It cost me $425 to get new parts, but it was good after that.

this is the part the previous owner said the shop he took it to told he needed to replace.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-YAMAHA-Y...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a0981b919&vxp=mtr

Lmao.. Your boy was smoke'n something? The balance gear is on the other side of the motor.. It has nothing to do with the starter.

Heres a diagram of the starter clutch assembly.
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Y...ARRIOR - YFM350XG_M/STARTER CLUTCH/parts.html

You'll need to replace #'s 6, 8, and 9..

he said it goes inside where the flywheel is connected

he said it goes inside where the flywheel is connected

No that balance gear comes off the crank to a balance shaft, and then to the trans if my memory serves my right? Or the clutch? I can't remember...

It's been awhile since I worked on one. But trust me about the starter clutch thing. It was a poor design in my eye, and failed on a lot of the earlier warriors. Thats whats wrong with the starter.

Last edited:
$400 for a starter clutch??? way outta my wifes budget for me lol

Latest posts

Back