New guy

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodger

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm Rodger. I live just outside of Crestview Florida.
I work in the oil industry as a 100 ton Captain. I have a strange schedule working 28 days straight then I'm off for 14 days. I enjoy riding with my family. We have an ever growing and evolving toy box. Currently it goes like this, I ride a 09 Raptor 700 SE. My oldest son Nikk used to ride a KDX 220 but he came to his senses when I brought home a sweet 01 Warrior 350. My youngest Blake is riding an eton 150. He is due an upgrade and we are hunting a Raptor 250. My wife Jill rides an 07 Honda 250 EX. We also have to upgrade our enclosed trailer. Four quads take up some room so, I think an enclosed trailer is the way to go. They can be stored in the trailer, killing two birds with one stone.

Nice family of rides. Welcome to the site. I'm not to familiar with many Floridans on here yet. You ever go wheel at river ranch?

Thanks. I've never heard of river ranch. I go to Bogs and Boulders a couple of times a year. We do allot of riding in our local area.

That's along way from my house! Looks like their looking for investors, I'd be all over that if I lived closer. Thanks for the tip.

Welcome to the vast knowledge base known as YFM350.com... These guys on here know everything worth knowing! :tup:

Merry Meet, and welcome to the forum!
this place will save you many headaches in the future, and start making you tink about doing things to your machine you wouldnt realy think about otherwise...

(IE: is that warrior suffering from a sloppy shift linkage yet.. ??)
:D

~L~

Thanks for the warm welcome Everyone. No problems with the Warrior yet. Its a cream puff, Well sort of. Pegs seem to be high or maybe the seat padding needs to be thicker. Also the seat is slick any suggestions as to where to get new seat cover and taller pad. The reverse lever only made on lap around the clay pit and it fell off, solved that through e bay. Also got some Full Flight +2 Arms and rear wheel spacers, on the way. It has a Cobra aluminium megaphone exhaust that sounds good but its over the top loud. So that needs to be addressed. All in all it runs good, keeps up with my raptor, on the trails anyway only runs 62 flat out. I'm back on the boat now, have to replenish the bank account before I spend any more on it.

Cobra is crap, Just a loud pipe. Look for stock or Some other better brand if you want to keep the noise down and retain that added power.

You want to get a gripper seat cover. I dunno if anyone makes the taller padding and covers anymore. Its was around in the early 90's a few places offered that.

You going to enjoy the added width.

Yeah that's kind of what I gathered about the cobra. It's super loud, even repacking did nothing. Exhaust is on the list for next months mods. Not looking to go over the top with the Warrior just looking for reliable quad that's fast and handles the trails well that oldest son can enjoy till he can afford to buy his own. Something for my youngest to grow into. Once the Eton is replaced I'm out of the quad buying market.

dont crap with a taller seat pad been there tried that just get a replacement if stock is bad and get some raptor 350 pegs the are 1" drop pegs on the warrior

Raptor 350 pegs that's the kind of info I'm looking for! Cause the seat other than being a little slick is in great shape. Do I need brake and shift linkage as well or just the pegs?

You should convert to a direct shifter if you go with the rappy pegs. YZ250 shifter.

Back