New member in Ohio

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hdale85

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been looking for a project quad for a while to build and today came across a guy that was trying to part out (most of) a Yamaha Warrior. It's a 2000 he says and it's missing the rear wheels, the top end, front plastics and front brakes. Granted it's missing those parts he accepted my offer of 200 bucks for it? Does it sound like a good deal? I plan to bore and stroke it, and also strip it down and powder coat the frame and get new plastics to paint or what not. I don't know seems really cheap for 200 bucks? He says the only reason he stripped it down was to part it as he needed money to fix his car?

I'm attaching the pics that I have of it.

Attachments

• 3k33m23o35T05Q65P6b770874748572ea1007.jpg
    3k33m23o35T05Q65P6b770874748572ea1007.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 3k83mb3p25V05O15Q1b771cdaa8864249140d.jpg
    3k83mb3p25V05O15Q1b771cdaa8864249140d.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 3ka3p53o05Y65Z05W5b7716a12652f04917fd.jpg
    3ka3p53o05Y65Z05W5b7716a12652f04917fd.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 3mb3pb3o05O25T25X6b77f77b5752d7cb101f.jpg
    3mb3pb3o05O25T25X6b77f77b5752d7cb101f.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 6
welcome ..looks like a good start if you have the cash to put in it you can find most of the parts right here

Yeah that's what I was figuring, I do plan on tearing it down to the frame and getting it powder coated or painting it, and then just completely building it up from there. It'll be fun and a decent first quad, I am looking for a YFZ450 to build though, harder to find a broken one of those it seems lol. I'll probably look harder for one after I finish getting this one back together.

Is there any way to really tell if this one is a 2000? It doesn't have a title so I'm going to have to talk to the DMV and see how hard it is to get one.

Thanks I'll definitely look, even if it's older I think it's still cheap at 200 bucks.

left side below the stator cover is the vin if the tenth didget from the left is a y its a 2000 model any other letter just count howmany it is in the alfabet and subtract that number from 200 and thats the year if its a number like say.. a 3 its a 2003

and awsom snag for 200 bucks!! i count enough parts there if you part it out its worth more then that! but its always more fun to finish the quad out

Welcome Aboard!

Yeah $200 is a good deal... its like you pretty much purchased the frame and got the rest for almost nothing. As for the parts you need, you should be able to find most, if not everything here for cheap. And the best of all, a wealth of knowledge for free. There are many great members here who are willing to help and share what they know.

You should take photos throughout the build. Its something I always seem to forget to do and regret it after I have my bikes torn down and already in the rebuild phase. But its nice to see where you started and how the project has advanced and finally what it has developed into. I think building the bike and thinking about how much fun you will have is 80% of the enjoyment of these things, and then the other 20% is enjoying the finished product.

Also forgot to mention, if you need brakes I have some I could part with... but you may want to consider doing the YFZ 450 front brake conversion instead... its totally worth it, and they can be had for just a little more (if you shop around) than you will pay for the warrior brakes.

Thanks, I was wondering if there are upgrades for the brakes, will the YFZ450 rear brakes work as well?

I'll definitely try and document it as best I can. It won't start for a while as I need to build my shed up (12x16) I had planned to do that first but couldn't pass up 200 bucks..... I thought for sure when I emailed the guy he would want too much but 200 is just too good to pass up.

Welcome Aboard!

Yeah $200 is a good deal... its like you pretty much purchased the frame and got the rest for almost nothing. As for the parts you need, you should be able to find most, if not everything here for cheap. And the best of all, a wealth of knowledge for free. There are many great members here who are willing to help and share what they know.

You should take photos throughout the build. Its something I always seem to forget to do and regret it after I have my bikes torn down and already in the rebuild phase. But its nice to see where you started and how the project has advanced and finally what it has developed into. I think building the bike and thinking about how much fun you will have is 80% of the enjoyment of these things, and then the other 20% is enjoying the finished product.

Ya I looked through my rebiuld thread on Jar-Jar from start to finish and its hard to believe what it started as and how it is now.

Last edited:
Masury, it's right near Hermitage PA, Sharon PA, Hubbard Ohio.

I went ahead and snagged those brakes....don't think I could do better then 45.

Awesome! Yeah I know roughly where Kent is. I need to find some trails and what not around here. But it'll be a while for that.

Hey does FST still sell the 446 kit? They don't seem to have a yamaha page anymore? I saw someone mentioned a 460 stroker kit though....who sells that?

446 is as big as you can go, and thats pushing it to the max.

Welcome to the site neighbor, lookin forward to your build.

Back