Roch. NY

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SenseiL

Reaction score
Hey guys, I figured Id introduce myself as this seems to be the best place for warrior info online. I picked up a 99 last sunday and wanted to learn more about it. I belong to several other car forums but this is my first "dirty":hehe: forum

Im getting back into the offroad thing, as my street hobby is getting too expensive. Im not new to wrenching, I currenly DD a GT35R Sti that puts around 400 to the wheels, trouble is everything cost me an arm and a leg on the thing. Im looking forward to some more wrenching on a smaller scale where I can leave it til next weekend if I have to.

Ive already been checking out the how/to. I plan on giving the bike/quad (what is the accepted term here) a tune up this weekend. Just basics- new oil, filter, plug, pads, air filter clean, sprockets.

The machine I purchased was a friend of a friend--lost his job type thing so unfortunately Im not 100% aware of whats done to it.

Mods that Im aware of:

Edelbrock carb
nerf bars
Razrs out back
answer bars
push bar/bumper
shaved fenders front/rear--Not sure about the rear thing might be getting new ones.
Hinson clutch
Cam- Cant recall the brand off hand
Park brake delete
HMF pipe
Im sure Ill find more this weekend.

Im looking forward to riding once the snow melts here in WNY.:atv:

Oh and to clear things up- I am SenseiL because Im a 4th degree black belt and teach karate for a living, not for some other dumb reason like - I own a ford probe with a sensei body kit ;)

Welcome to the site. Sound like you got a nice QUAD. Any pics? Stock bore?

I'm always interested in hearing how new members find the site.

Welcome to YFM350. Sounds like you got a jump start on the mods. Like everyone else I would love to see some pics!!!

welocme... must be nice to do what you love for a living.. congrats on doing that!!

and lets see the quad!

Welcome to the forum, I'm new too but there seems to be alot of good people here who are willing to try and answer any problem us warrior owners might have :)

This weekend I tried for new pads, plugs, oil change, oil filter, chain and sprockets.

Well, I think I will name my quad murphy.

Oil plug was stripped out, a caliper bolt was sheered off already, 3/4 axle nuts stripped out along with the rear bolt for the tension adjuster. But its my quad now, its will know what antisieze is and its already met my friend PB blaster.

Still got to go in after the sheered bolt still and pick up new nuts this week. But its coming along....

I pb nearly everything before I try at it for the first time. The caliper bolt I litereally put the tool on it and gave it not even half a twist and --pop-- off she comes. I think it was already broke and the previous seller super glued it back in or something. Its definately been tampered with..... Oh well- easy out and drill here I come!!

Oh yeah got some new fenders ordered for the rear too-- The race shave- alhough sexy I think will suck in actual mud.

Iphone4356.jpg

Iphone4359.jpg

Damn man thats i nice looking warrior! The fenders really dont look that bad to me, i kinda like em. Have fun in the mud thou haha

No I agree it looks really BA. But I have a track planned for summer and there will be a few muddy sections, on my and my friends track across town, so I think its best if I get them now. I gotta say man- I love your quad. I looked it over and although green isnt normally my thing I love the way yours came out. Hope you dont mind if I follow with a yellow/black theme of my own ;)

Back