New to the site -custom warrior-

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior400r

Reaction score
Hi I am building my Yamaha Warrior from the ground up. I have spent the last two years waiting trying to get good deals on all this stuff. I bought a Yz250F and never really road my warrior again. That’s when I started selling everything off the original one. Got like $750 for the engine and made pretty good money on the rest. Got around 1400 maybe a little more for everything I didn’t really need like calipers, seat, frame, spindles, brake and sprocket hub, master cylinders, head light mount and lights, and wiring harness. My buddy ended up giving me a blown engine for free that was in pretty bad shape so I decided to buy everything brand new inside except for the clutch basket, and gears.

Mod List:

G-Force front aluminum rolled powder coated black wheels 10 inches
Hiper rear rims CF-1A black wheels 10 inches
LoneStarRacing front&rear billet aluminum hubs powder coated blue
LoneStarRacing A-Arms +3+1 heavy duty tie rods powder coated blue
LoneStarRacing Swing arm +2 Twin Row carrier powder coated blue
LoneStarRacing Steering steam +2 anti vibe mount 1 1/8 mount
LoneStarRacing E-Brake block off powder coated blue
Streamline typhoon rotors front&rear
Streamline steel braided brake lines front&rear
Streamline heavy duty brake pads
Streamline DOT4 brake fluid
Streamline billet stabilizer (rebuild able)
Streamline billet brake line holders
Fasst Flexx handlebars 15degree woods bend (blue bar pad)
Fly Racing Pilot 2 black&blue grips
Throttle housing powder coated blue&black
GYT-R unbreakable levers brake/clutch
GYT-R chase skid plate
GYT-R rear skid plate
GYT-R stator cover powder coated black
GYT-R frame guars powder coated blue
GYT-R Front bumper powder coated black
GYT-R High flow cone style filter
GYT-R Pre-filter
GYT-R Sprocket cover powder coated blue
GYT-R Hi flow header-drag tape wrapped from H
FMF Power Core 4 new style slip-on
Maier front fenders
Maier rear fenders
Maier gas tank cover
Maier hood
Quad Works seat cover black custom GYT-R badge
Tag sprocket 40T rear
Tag sprocket 14T front
D.I.D X-Ring gold ATV chain
All Balls joints all 4
All Balls Tie rods end all 4
All Balls lower a-arm rebuild kit
All Balls wheel bearing kit front both sides
All Balls Swing arm pivot rebuild kit
All Balls Linkage&shock rebuild kit
All Balls steering steam bearings
Engine covers powder coated blue (cam cover, rocker covers)
Engine powder coated black
Billet aluminum tusk gas cap powder coated blue
Billet aluminum Mod Quad rear brake reservoir
Maxxis Razr2 front&rear
Hot cam stage 2
Hot Rods stroker crank kit +7mm
Hot Rods stroker piston 84mm (really a CP piston)
Hot Rods crank bearings
EBC dirt digger clutch kit heavy duty springs
Kibblewhite valve springs, retainers, washers all titanium
Kibblewhite valves
Cylinder head was send out to be matched with the piston and polished
Athena gasket and seals kit (everything need to rebuild)
Edelbrock carb thumb throttle set up
Motion Pro clutch cable
Um aluminum air box

Think that’s it maybe forgot something so might be updating.

Welcome to the site! Sounds like you have a nice Warrior, would love to see pics! :tup:

WHAT?? You really have all that on your quad? Is it done or a work in progress? Lets see some pics! If all is right and you plan on keeping it, I'd say your deff. our newest Elite member.

Lonestar swinger and Stem!!! EGH. I'm jealous. IF you EVER part out, I got dibs. Hahahahah

yeah, you'd better provide some pics of this beast. don't tease us with something like this lol.

As I re-read the post. I get the idea that this project hasn't even started yet, and all those parts are a wanted list.

Kinda sounds like when when I started out. Hahahah

I knew i forgot somethings Ohlins YFZ450 shocks with shock conversion kit, and G-Force axle. New OEM gas tank, and a stainless steel complete bolt kit

This used to be a wish list. Two years later going to really come together. This build start with a WR426 dirt bike engine belive it or not. I still have the frame with the engine already mounted in if someone might want to buy it. To much work for me unless there is someone out there that could finish it for me i would do that too.

Sorry forgot the IMS fat pegs too. The IMS YFZ450 direct shifter. Also got a extra set of IMS pegs still in the box if anyone wants to buy them

Last edited:
HAHA, Just to get this off my chest at the moment, you don't have to re-post a new message every time, just re-edit your last post. I fixed it for yah this time. Lil pet peeve of mine.

Back to the topic, HOLY **** dude!! I'm sooooo jealous, I want that swinger!!! Wickedness man! Two things, since you already have all $ dumped into your project, you might as well go with that hybrid 426 engine and frame. Get yourself an IMS tank and finish the bike, do an Elite vote with spec sheet and your a shoe-in.

Wicked project and welcome to the site, sorry for even doubting yah, but not to many of us nuts out there that would put the time and money into these particular quads like we choose to. I can't wait to see more. You plan to race it?

very nice. can't wait to see it finished.

one question though, where is the best place to get that 396 kit? that's what im gonna be doing to mine whenever this current clutch goes out on me.

thanks for fixing my post.

Ya i want to finish the 426 hybrid it just takes a lot of fab work.

This site is great i have never meet anyone that like the warrior as much as i do. I know everone says is a waste to put all the money into a warrior but when i finish my 426 should beat any 450 out there.

I can get anyone the LoneStar swing arm for 450-500bucks i have a buddy over there thats how i got all my stuff dirt cheap. Dont think i would be able to build it at full retail.

I also own a small parts store so i also get a dealer discount threw my distrubutor WesterPowerSports and Rocky Mountain ATV.

I can also get you the 396cc kit for like 500 alot better then even ebay has the full kit for like 650. Its really hard to find the stroker piston these days though. I found one place that has like three left. I called everywhere i dont even think they are making them anymore. so if you do the kit and have the extra doe get two pistons just incase you every want to do a top end with out paying CP pison to make them and they do like a few as a minimum so it will be really expensive. .

Also got a pretty good lead on Ohlins shocks. I have a full system that i got super cheap retails for like 1200 for the fronts and900 for the rear and i paid like 500 for both.

How do i go about doing the Elite thing again??? i want to wait till its 100% together witch should be this week sometime.

Last edited:
sorry for posting so much i just never talk to anyone that knew anything about a warrior and was into them so much.

anyone know where i can get some nice custom graphics to finish this project off???

and one more thing i notices almost everyone is running those ASR MX Pro +2 a arms
I had wicked product arms +3+1 then had someone over at LoneStar make me the +3because they only had the +2 and with the +3 is only 1 inch wider then a stock YFZ450 width.

Do you think those a arms are the better then what i am running now????

$500 for the swinger egh? That come with the Carrier as well? What can you get the stem for?

I went with the Pro-X ASR arms and the pro racer tie-rods because I prefur the heim ends and I also got a good deal on them. Plus they are a little easier to get a hold of, or at least were a while back. Wicked and Fullflight are also great brands. had no idea lonestar still made warrior arms.

Nice graphix kit egh? :leer: hahahahah

Its bad ass to have another Warrior nut on here. Welcome to the site mang! How did you happen to find us?

Ya 500 for the Lonestar swinger and yes that comes with the Lonestar carrier as well. i can get the stems for like 175 last i checked. and they dont make the arms anymore just had them custom made since they dicounted them.

WHAAA?? $175 new for the stems. ****, put me down for a +1. I gots to get my moneys squared up but I'll take one.

I'll eventually want the swinger too. They come PC'ed or a stock color?

Back