Newb from NJ on the block

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The angle that the cable makes relative to the clutch arm makes the pull easier. If you look at a stock warrior clutch cable and arm (in the engaged position, meaning the clutch lever is not pulled), the cable will make an acute angle (<90 degrees) with the clutch arm. This makes the pull difficult, because you are putting the cable at a disadvantage mechanically. Now take a look at the cable on the raptor 350 set-up. This angle will be greater than or equal to 90 degrees, which gives the cable a mechanical advantage over the stock warrior setup.

The reason the warrior setup was designed poorly is because the header was in the way of were the cable bracket needed to be in order to run the correct geometry. (I assume this was issue).
Ahh, I see. I thought the Raptor clutch arm was longer, increasing the leverage.

It may be, I've never had a raptor 350 one to compare to. Both set-ups work well though.

Thanks for sharing guys. I will definitely do this to my machine...I appreciate the time you took to explain and add part numbers. Thank you!!!

Thanks for sharing guys. I will definitely do this to my machine...I appreciate the time you took to explain and add part numbers. Thank you!!!
No problem, dude. I definitely could've used it this weekend. Was out riding doin' a little drag with my friend on a 350x 3-wheeler and was missing shifts because of my sloppy shifter, as well as me basically throwing my whole body into my left arm to pull my clutch real quick. The clutch mod combined with the direct shifter probably would've caused me to win those.

No problem, dude. I definitely could've used it this weekend. Was out riding doin' a little drag with my friend on a 350x 3-wheeler and was missing shifts because of my sloppy shifter, as well as me basically throwing my whole body into my left arm to pull my clutch real quick. The clutch mod combined with the direct shifter probably would've caused me to win those.

Hahahahha yeah it's a job pulling that clutch lever in...I have the shifter on its way. Got a moose racing direct shift lever...next is the raptor parts...can't wait to feel the difference, riding tight trails by my house is a real task with that crummy clutch..

Hahahahha yeah it's a job pulling that clutch lever in...I have the shifter on its way. Got a moose racing direct shift lever...next is the raptor parts...can't wait to feel the difference, riding tight trails by my house is a real task with that crummy clutch..
Yep, I feel ya.

Back