Another FNG

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any weld marks suggesting someone cut out, and welded in the lower frame rail containing the VIN? Because that is deffinetly a 2nd gen frame. Headlight mounts, a arm mounts, etc...

Also, that H is for an 87. 87 did NOT have a lower steering stem bearing. They had a bushing with a grease fitting in the bushing's mount, and the stem was totally different.

When I thought it was gen 1 with no parts availability I was kind of bummed.

dude, the only thing different first gen wise is the headlight mount, and front suspension. EVERYTHING else can be swapped over to new style if required. In fact a lot of the guys on here convert theirs to have a first gen pull start. motor wise the warrior and raptor 350 1987-2014 all use the exact same motor except a few minor updates in the 07-14 raptor motor cam bearings. the rest is identical. The first gens did come factory with a 19" swingarm which is a inch longer then the second gens, but the carrier on a first gen having 4 bolts makes it a ass to adjust the chain.

no doubt about it, you have a late model second gen frame right there.

I scotchbrited the paint off of it, and looked at it with a magnifying glass.
The first time I read it, I thought it was a 4,
It matches my title To the # and letter...#10 is the grey area.
I just went out and took pics of it, it is painted now and I don't want to wipe it off.
Just to the left of the C is the 10th digit.
WP_20130911_006.jpg

Back