New member in Ohio

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nevermind, guess I'll be renting a uhaul truck. Kind of wasted money but no one seems to want to help me out this week? Oh well I guess lol. Darn family, every time I turn around it's "my car does this, my computers doing this, my outlet in the bathroom stopped working" blah blah blah. I need someone to help me pick something up and it's all quiet.

Its hard to say what the measurement is on that bike because it also depends on the tire size. I'll go measure mine up in a few and get back to you

YOu don't have to, like I said I'm renting a truck so it doesn't matter now. I think the fronts are 22" and looks like the backs are a bit smaller so 20?

On my Warrior with 22" tires all around it measures at 45" at the highest point on the handlebars, and would be around 41" if you were to take the handle bars off.

Well I picked it up today. For some reason she put 23" wheels on the front, and it's got 23" on the back. The fronts are RAZR's the rears are umm dirt something or other.

Ended up spending about 70 bucks or so renting a truck to pick it up? Oh well I guess.....money would of been better spent towards some parts but meh. I can't seem to get it running long enough to give it a good hard riding and see if it breaks up the issues. I think I'm just going to order a carb rebuild kit and strip the carb out and soak it in some solvent of some sort see if that fixes it.

It kind of almost seems like it's not getting enough gas but I kind of doubt that? There is a fuel filter on these right? I might should order one of those as well I think.

no fuel filter stock. What it it doing? Just feels like it runs out of gas? So it stops running? Look what jest are in it and what type of pipe and filter are on it. Shoot some pic of your new toy too. Interested to see how it looks.

I'll get some pics when I get a camera to us, my cell phone takes horrible pictures.

It runs for a minute or so when you first start it, but I can't drive it as it'll immediately stall. But then after that it just gets harder and harder to start and eventually just won't start at all. Sometimes I can let it sit or pull the choke and push the gas a couple times and it'll run for a second like it's burning what's in the carb.

It has a slip on exhaust, but I can't remember the brand? I'm not sure on the air filter yet. I have to pull the cover off and see what's in there. I know they jetted the carb but I'm not sure what size jet they put on it. Supposedly it ran perfect before they let it sit for 3 years. She said she didn't drain the old fuel out before putting new fuel so I really think it's likely a varnished fuel issue.

The best thing to soak the carb in is carb cleaner that comes in a 1 gallon paint can. You can get it at any auto parts store, and I think its made by gunk. Disassemble it and put it in this and let it soak for 2 or 3 days, then take it out and spray it off with aerosol carb cleaner and reassemble. Try to remove as much as possible from the carb before doing this, especially rubber and plastic. Make sure to soak all the metal parts including jets, float bowl, etc.

It sounds like its the typical crappy fuel issue and gummed up. When you rebuild the carb make sure to check all of the o-rings to see if they are not dried out. Also make sure you can see through all the jets. If you can not see light through them they are plugged.

Back