Straght line monster

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yfm350drag

Reaction score
hello guys. this is my firs post and frst venture into the warrior life style. i picked up a first gen warrior over the summer. i am building it into a dirt drag quad which i will be running in SMALL FUEL class. tons of work will be going into this build..motor..chassis..electrics...supension...you name it. i will update as often as possible and post pics asap. current status...engine completely disassembled ready for big bore. port and polish with plus one valves. oil cooler new clutch. air shifter polished trans...and last but not least......35 shot of NOS....CHASSIS is also torn down getting stretched 6 inches in front and a bashee plus 10 swing arm. tons of fab work going into this. will be running stock width LSR YFZ450R A ARMS and custom YFZ450 shocks all around. Hope you guys enjoy

Sounds like a cool project. Care to give us some more details on motor plans? It sounds like you know what you are doing but there are some guys on here that know how to build maximum power out of these motors (which unfortunately isn't all that much to be honest).

Custom aluminum air box with FCI intake will feed the air. Not sure on the carb Just yet. Plus one Valves. Port and polished. Vortex 10.5:1 piston bored 2nd over (I want room for overbores later) Standard stroke HD rod. ARP Custom cylinder studs. Hotrods stage 1 cam. ProX cam chain. Machines YFZ Hinson clutch basket. One off out of the frame drag exhaust. Sure there Is stuff I forget But I'll post as I remember and continue The build

im tying to be realistic...i understand the motor that i have is no powerhouse by any means but, relistically im being a little stingy...id be pretty happy with 30/35HP befor i throw the NOS to it. my NOS kit is capable of adding up to an additional 35 HP depending on jets. but im planning to hit it with 10/15HP shot and see how it goes. so long story short my goals are 30/35 on motor and 40/45 with the juice

oh yea...if anyone is curious....i picked this quad up for 150 bucks!! i was in the market for a frame because i wanted to stuff a snowmobile motor into one..long story short friend of mine found this warrior for me...it was missing gas tank seat and wiring harness!!! so i decided why not lol. i think i made a good deal

Yeah, that's a great deal. Sounds like you know what you are getting into, and can't wait to see it done.

IMG952016091395210613.jpg

IMG952016091195151837.jpg

IMG952016091595190848.jpg

IMG952016091195151845.jpg Most of these pics are random But a few befor and after Of diff. Ideas I've been working on

Thanks Beast. Hey I see GT Thunder in your signature...where are you from and who does your suspension work now?:atv:

In the shop on my day off...drilled head out for new exhaust studs (LARGER) pressed in new valve guides, now setting up valve machine to cut seats for the new + 1s. Then the port and polish job!!! Should be a productive day.

Back