2-stroke IT490 motor swap

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really dig that your trying to make it look era correct man. Thats super cool. Props on that!

I just need a gen 2 490 jug. It's what they had from 85' to 91'.. It has a 7 bolt head instead of 6, a bigger reed cage, and a centered exhaust port.. It's a better design.
I always wanted to build this quad as something that could have rolled out of Yamaha's assembly plant in 1987.
I still can!!

Can't wait to see more updates man, this thing is gonna be really cool.
I spent the afternoon cleaning out my garage, and actually found the bolts for my gas tank. :clap:
It's an added bonus, I also found some screws that'll fit my plastics. So the ball is rolling.

I just need a gen 2 490 jug. It's what they had from 85' to 91'.. It has a 7 bolt head instead of 6, a bigger reed cage, and a centered exhaust port.. It's a better design.
I always wanted to build this quad as something that could have rolled out of Yamaha's assembly plant in 1987.
I still can!!
85-90 91 they switched to the wr 500. I have a 83 87 90 yz 490 nasty ass bikes as long as you have them jetted right all 3 of mine I had Eric Gorr do all head and cylinder work! No more ping kings anymore!

So I thought I would give my old thread a kick...
Many people don't know this, but I actually lost my quad to a pissed off ex wife for awhile.. I have it back now though, and I have some money to throw at it. :D

I managed to kinda fix the swinger a bit, and it might actually make it for awhile. lol
I bought a new carb boot, and a brand new Keihin 39mm PWK carb. I also bought some powerlip chain rollers, and a moose easy pull clutch system.

My might update my page as parts come in, but my goal is to get it running, and finally make a video for the masses. (Then everyone will be happy)

So...
I thought I would give this old thread a kick in the ass!
My 490 has been sitting in storage for a couple of years now after a messy break up with my ex, financial problems, and other ****... I won't bore you folks with that.

But I drained the gas out of it, added some fresh stuff, and gave her a kick!
Here are the results.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZcb3kbwlSQ

Last edited:
Hopefully the swing arm can handle all that torque this time

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It should I welded a piece of 2" square tubing in it after the original disaster.. lol
I'm just worried about the the frame holding together.. I've never given it a true shake down run, and the motor vibrates so bad it might shake itself apart!
I guarantee I'll be missing a few parts at the end of the run..

Back