Clutch and brake switch disassembly with pics...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokeVW

Reaction score
My first post, so I thought I would do a DIY with pics.

My 2003 Warrior started acting up, the engine would quit when reverse was selected. I traced it to damaged wiring at the switch at the clutch lever.

I decided to take the switches apart and clean them, so I grabbed some pics and put them on my site here http://www.brokevw.com/yamsw.html

I'm going to have to repair the wiring, I tried to simply cover it, but the wire itself is damaged and needs repaired or replaced, but the pics should show you how to check the switches to see if they are bad.:tup:

071111%20013s.jpg

mine did the same thing.i just grounded the wire on the reverse lever,it only starts in neautral now but it dont die when you put it in reverse

nice write up!! personally I just disconected the parking brake and clutch switch, then put on an aftermarket lever

Thanks!
The procedure also applies to the front brake lever switch that activates the brake light, they look to be the same type of switch on my 2003.

nice write up!! personally I just disconected the parking brake and clutch switch, then put on an aftermarket lever

How did you disconect the clutch switch?? I have an o4 raptor 350 but im sure its the same concept. You might be saving me some $$ here! lol I bought an aftermarket clutch lever and perch but i dont want to have to find nuetral everytime i shut my quad off? So by disconnecting it does that mean you can start your bike with the clutch in, in any gear?? please help!!

yes it will mean your bike will start in any gear even if you don't pull the clutch lever in so you have to be carefull and not forget

can you walk me through this process?? I read a little about it and they are saying theres 4 pair of wires and 2 wires and something about connecting 2 wires together? im confused. I already did the parking brake delete so they only thing i have left is the clutch cable and the nuetral clutch safety thing.

Just unplug it and Ziptie it somewhere where you can't see it...

thanks for the link. I understand now. I will look at it and see whats involved with mine. I read the person post right after the tutorial and your explaination right after that im just not sure if mine just has 1 or 2 wires going underneath the hood i cant remember. I'm replacing the entire perch and from what i remember there was only 1 wire coming off the perch for the clutch safety switch. In that case can i just do what he did (cut the end off splice and solder them together nicely?

Back