'99 warrior starter still engaging while engine running

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwatson

Reaction score
Hey all, can a bad Starter One Way Bearing Clutch cause a starter to engage after the bike is running and moving?

I know it's either the light/shutoff switch, starter solenoid or something else causing it. Changed the solenoid twice and it didn't fix it.

Thank you!

yeah definitely. its actually not that it engages after its running. it never lets go to begin with. go with a raptor one way brand

I forgot to mention... you can start the bike and not hear the starter keep engaging. Most of the time this behavior is seen when you are going fast and slow down real quick after the bike is warmed up. After that.... the starter keeps engaging no matter if you tap the solenoid or start button. It eventually does stop and you can shut the bike down from there normally with the switch.

Last edited:
so you think you have a short somewhere that is making the starter turn? i suppose it is possible.. i believe power goes from the key switch to the start button. when the start button is pushed it then goes to the solenoid and then to ground... so basically if unplug the solenoid after you start it then the starter should not engage be cause of power going to it. if it still engages then there is something else wrong.

Back