97 yamaha warrior 350 rebuild?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:atv:hey guys im new to this sight i jut got the 97 yamaha warrior 3 month ago i have been putting together a list of parts to get for it i just got a tusk aluminum competition series front bumper and a k&n airfilter im thinking about getting a big gun pipe i found on ebay but im also about to get a wiseco topend rebuild probably a 0.40 over bore piston i want to know what you guys think and what you would reccomend to make it fasterand i need a new set of tires send me links to ebay when you comment if you find any parts

ok guys just added k&n air filter to the quad and the tusk comp front bumper but i went to get some motor treatment added little to the gas and i started it started pretty quick it usally takes like like 10 seconds of hesitation to start but it started quik in like 2 seconds but 1 minute later it died i started it again and then it died every time i start it dies 10 seconds later i tried highering the idle but didnt help when i got it to start and hit the gas just dies pipe does have a couple holes all around i think that i either have to jet the carb orclean it people help

Last edited:
Get the head ported and polished and throw in a stage one hotcam, that way you can keep the stock valve springs. Unless, you want to spend the money, then put in heavy duty springs. It wont hurt the hotcam, but, with them you can run a web or megacycle cam. Do the two mods to the accel pump. Better, free flowing air filter... The list goes on.

All you really need to do to these is the air filter, cam, and exhaust. Changing the front sprocket to a 14 tooth is good to. (if you have a 40 rear)
Keeping it simple will help to keep the motor more reliable, and save you money in the long run..
I also wouldn't recommend the K&N filter. They don't filter well, and and there are way better (foam) filters out there that are cheaper.

But that's just my $.02.

Stock header is 1.5 pipe. Bigger then nearly all quads, except for the 450's. I'm making my own header out of 1 7/8" and it will be going into the 2" on my dg. But, I will be doing that for the stroker, stock engine keep the stocker.

Oh, and since all exhaust pipe is measured by the O.D. the warrios is actually 1.6 and some change.

Back