warrior with a problem?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:argh:so i was riding the warrior the other day down the road in 6th gear and all of a sudden it boggs down and if i give it gas it would almost die and it back fires alot,has sparks coming out of the dg pipe...i have no idea what is wrong with it,ive only had this warrior a couple of days ive always owed a two stroke so Id be thankful if someone could give me an idea of whats wrong with it so i can fix it,thanks!

thanks man my intake is messed up so ill check that first,thanks for the help.

Its starts up and idles fine, just seems to be gettin some extra air in it under throttle. Check your carb boot like wo-ya said.

i say hes right cause it does idel fine just when you give it gas it boggs down.

if you roll on the throttle very very gently will it rev up? i had a buddys do the same ended up being a wire shorting or by the cdi to the frame it would do it intermittently

Does it still have the E-brake switch on it? If so take that off and bypass the switch and see if it helps. To check if the boot is tore start it, and spray starter fliud or brake cleaner around the boot, if it revs up whi;e you spray it its most likely torn

I don't think that's a boot issue. I'd check the timing on it man. You have a plug with a slot in it on the left side of the engine, remove it & the cam cover, I usually unbolt the fender & pull it back to help access. Once you get the cam cover off check your timing marks. Again, we have all this info here. It sounded like it was running ok & then somethin nasty just happened. An intake boot issue acts different than that & the park brake nonsense acts more like it's hitting a low rpm rev limiter. You have a pop out the exhaust which suggests to me time or a valve issue.

If you did jump timing, then it sounds to me like you need a new timing chain. The old ones to stretched out to keep it on there.

alright ill tear it down here in a couple of days and see if its my valves or timing.

Why not bypass the park brake switch first? Helluva lot less costly and easier to do than any teardown.

A friend has a '98 YZ250WR that had a dead battery (has kick and electric start both). I would kick start for a second, then backfire out of the pipe the same way and quit just like your quad does. He kicked that thing for over an hour, checking plugs, spark plugs, gas, etc.
The shorted battery was sucking up the power that was supposed to go to the ignition when it would begin to rev... Disconnected the battery, started and ran in one kick...

ill probley check that first,cause your right,its less costly and the cheaper the fix,the more cash i got to put mods on the warrior!!!:D

you may also want to check and see if the main jet sucked something up in and blocked it..seems if the timing jumped it would not start so easy

well i took the cam cover off the top end and looked at my timeing and the the l was at 2 o clock.

picture.php

Back