New to Site and love it!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04Warrior04

Reaction score
NEW TO THIS SITE And LOVIN IT!!:)

This is a short video on my warrior. sorry for the bad quality":beat: laptop"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL6f7L0Ph6M

I'm wondering if, you blow a seal and later down the road your bearing goes out, you can still ride with the groves cut into the spacer and carrier. Of course with new bearings though?
Hunter

welcome to the site. nice warrior you got there. lots of knowledgeable people on here. i would say it would be fine to run it like that. make sure the bearing seats all the way in the carrier though.

Welcome to the site. Enjoy. Glad u like it so far.

Yeah you can run it with the grooves like that in the carrier, as long as you get new bearings. Grease the hell out of the whole thing when you put it all back together. I'd suggest tapping and putting a zerk on the carrier as well. (I happen to have a stock carrier, tapped with new barrings for sale too :leer:)

Lol thank you but I'm fine. I orderd new bearings the other night. The problem being though i dont have a grease gun or grease or anything to tap it so i decided not to do that. Do i absolutely have to grease it though when i put it back together? Or could i just tap it after i get it together and fill it up? Do you have to have it apart to tap it by the way??

You have a four wheeler and dont own a grease gun :/ come on man invest lol

You can tap it and put in a zerk when its on there. Kind of a pain but you cando it. Yes you need the grease in there. As much as you can. It keeps everything moving in there, keeps the barrings last longer, reduces heat, keeps water out, keeps things moving smoothly and reduces friction, ect. Inoticed when you had it apart, it was all dry, I hope that was from you cleaning it out.

When you get the new bearings in, gloop some grease in there, drop in your inner-sleeve, push in you new barrings and make sure they are seated properly. Then gloop on a lot of grease on the middle of the axle before you slide it in. That should stake care of all that and it all will last for many years to come. Grease is cheap, buy a can of it at your local auto parts store and use that. Hopefully you can get access to a gun and grease your arms and swing arm linkage bolts....I can only imagine what those are like at this point.

if you drill and tap it when it's together wouldn't medal shavings get in the carrier. Since you have it apart I would tap it even if you don't have a gease gun so when you get one you can fill it. I have a mini grease gun, got it from Harbor freight for less then $10.00 with a cartage of grease.

Metal might get into it, some will for sure. A good drill bit is designed to lift the shavings out but yeah some will get in. I dunno if would be enough to tear it all up but i also vouch for doing it while its out and apart.

Well good news is I got the bearings in. Bad news is I had just put a new chain on the bike not thinking about checking the bearings and now, since the old ones were so bad the chain is to short, i can't put the rear end back together. I know how to fix it just double master link it but other than that I'd have to buy a hole new chain. :(

What? how can it be too short not since you put new barrings in? I'm confused.

Picture2-14.png

did you pull a link out before?? You should just be able to turn your chain adjusters and put it back together

No when i put the new chain on it became to short so now im going to have to double master link it..:(

i get that, but I have no idea how you ran it before so that by just adding bearrings would throw it off?

Well, took the bike mudding last night and it was great. I'll post a couple pics sometime tonight. The bearings are doing great now, thanks to the grease. Sot thank you for the info. on that.

Back