starter question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A_Bombs

Reaction score
found a cheap warrior even talked him down even more but he says the starters sillping but is he pops it will start.. easy fix or no? says the starters new but its "slipping"

It needs a starter one-way bearing. Can get the bearing, stator cover gasket, and flywheel puller off ebay for under $100.

Depends, does it run good, does it smoke, is it in fairly nice shape, does it need tires, bearings, a arm bushings. If it is good shape, it is well worth it, if you can pick it up cheap enough. I got mine for $200 and replaced all bearings, bushings, front brakes, seat, rebuilt carb, and petcock and still don't have $500 in it yet. Even after all that it was well worth it. Besides it makes you appreciate it more after you fix em up and know what you got. To answer the question on replacing the one way bearing, its pretty simple, pay attention to how it comes apart and reassemble in order.

Alright thanks guys I'll let you know how it goes seems like a good deal still waiting on some pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck man, I gave $800 for mine running and did allot to it to get it straight. The thing about warriors is that they have so much potential for fun. They start off kinda tame but you really can get quite a bit from them and they're simple. They don't cost an arm and leg to repair and they don't require a genius to repair. Those factors alone make them worth a fortune in it's own stupid way. You can learn tons from owning a Warrior/Raptor 350.

Good luck man, I gave $800 for mine running and did allot to it to get it straight. The thing about warriors is that they have so much potential for fun. They start off kinda tame but you really can get quite a bit from them and they're simple. They don't cost an arm and leg to repair and they don't require a genius to repair. Those factors alone make them worth a fortune in it's own stupid way. You can learn tons from owning a Warrior/Raptor 350.

Hell yeah, couldn't have said it better myself. I paid $350 for mine and OVERPAID for it big time. But, it's what I wanted, so... Lol.

****, it's worth buying a Warrior frame and building it from scratch. You could conceivably do it for around $1500 with aftermarket arms, exhaust, pegs/guards, etc...

The numbers in this thread speak for themselves. These things are so cheap to buy, maintain, and run it's insane. I have a lot of hobbies and nothing comes ANYWHERE near the dollar-per-grin factor. It only gets more expensive after quads boys, trust me :)

Back