89 yamaha warrior 350 overhaul

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ****. I should have paid closer attention to your profile picture. That's an 87 alright.

Hey I'm starting the rebuilding process and I just pressed the new bearings in and I can't seem to find the bearing plate torque spec, do you guys know what it should be torqued to?

e338726032e2e6637d76dd68fe8dc252.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I did, I used my impact driver and a ball peen hammer and blue lock tite

I just didn't know if I was supposed to torque them, I couldn't find it in the service manual

Yamaha Strikes Back

So yesterday I was attempting to remove the ball joint on my bottom a arm, previously I had gotten the rest off with a monkey wrench, well this one decided to be stubborn. I had access to a torch, so I used my resorces and started to heat up the ball joint, pryed on it a bit more.. Nothing. Started to heat it again and then the bottom of the joint exploded. It had burned a hole in my uniform, burns on my arms.. And so.. The Yamaha struck back.

Okay so I'm putting the clutch together and there is that splined washer well it's not going together right I don't exactly know how to explain it but there isn't any room for that washer please help
fc9f6298248eb9b2bbe50163496cf605.jpg
5695e117d8c04f53ae7398a9dd5cfe54.jpg
1f14a9ad444378a25dbc6222822c3116.jpg
ab7d7719c8eed1f3f5a2d8098c62006b.jpg

Everything seems to line up and fit perfectly with the plates but it has to be something with the basket or something else

Do you guys know what side the engine bolts are? I need all new ones and don't feel like waiting a week for them to get here when I can go buy them just down the street

Just thee ones that hold the engine to the frame, there are only 3 mounts, I already have the one bolt for the one attached to the head

Back