Project F-350 Raptor / aka : Starscream

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ComptonJ22

Reaction score
Well over the last year i made a decision to sell the 2 warriors and focus my time/money on the Raptor. Due to budget constraints over the winter i'm just now beginning my work. As i remove/replace parts i will be posting factory parts for sale on here as well as Ebay and i will try to post pictures as much as possible, "everyone loves pictures!" I would also love peoples advice/input/suggestions as i go. I'm sure this plan will evolve as i go, i have ALOT of parts currently on order, some small stuff has been added already.

Link to my ongoing project.

http://s650.photobucket.com/user/jkcompton22/Build Thread Pictures/Raptor 350R Build Pictures/story

Protection -
Swingarm skid - Moose Racing Complete
Frame skid - PRM 3/16 Complete
A arm skids - 2 Brothers Racing Complete
New bumper - PRM Complete
New grab bar - PRM Complete
Hand guards - ?-Bark buster knock offs Complete

Performance -
Exhaust - 2 brothers V.A.L.E. M-7 and Wrap factory head pipe
Intake - Remove box, intake tube/K&N/Out wear Plan changed, going to use a protec lid and K&N
Carb - Re-jet
Engine - undecided atm, only 50 hours on engine.
Oil Cooler - big bear kit / stainless hoses / 6 an fittings / aluminum cooler Complete
Sprocket/chain - no change for now
Addition - In line fuel filter Complete

Handling -
A Arms - Full flight +3 +1
Front Shocks - undecided/ banshee set up for me or Elka stage 2 Complete / ended up with Elka Stage 3 remote rezzie
Rear shock - Banshee revalved to my weight/specs Complete - Monster Performance
Rear Swing arm - Hoping to switch to a +2 with round carrier/ i have messaged a member on here who makes them. If not LSRacing.
Addition - Fasst Flexx bars Complete

Apperance -
STICKERS!!!!! lol
i'm going for a black/blue theme and it will be ever evolving.

Attachments

• Raptor 2.jpg
    Raptor 2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Raptor.jpg
    Raptor.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Raptor 3.jpg
    Raptor 3.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Sounds like a nice build plan. Just to let you know, although Fullflight claims they make a +3+1 set of a arms, they actually only make +2+0 a arms.

Sounds like a nice build plan. Just to let you know, although Fullflight claims they make a +3+1 set of a arms, they actually only make +2+0 a arms.

I knew American Star only made a +2, i'll have to contact fullflight before i order i suppose. That upgrade will come the same time i change out the front suspension. Thank you for the info, i appreciate it.

Came home to 3 packages today! Its a good day

Banshee Rear shock - thing is in AMAZING condition bought from Motor City ATV on Ebay. It will be off to Monster Performance for custom valving/rebuild Monday.

PRM Front Bumper - This thing is WAY cooler in person than online!!!!

New Riding Gear - Motorcyclecloseouts Insanity deals are amazing......

Nothing better than getting quad parts in the mail haha. What does Monster Performance charge for a rebuild? I need my rear shock rebuilt...

75$ for service. 95$ for custom revalve and full service. He also offers alot of different upgrades dual rate springs etc. Also a Elka dealer.

MonsterPerf.com

More goodies came today, Nerfs / grab bar / big bear set up complete from ebay in great condition only 80$ bolts and all.

My new fox airframe roost protector came in too.

Nerfs installed, PITA to do the webbing...... but came out very nice.

New PRM grab bar.

Well, the new PRM full skid came in today. Havent taken a pic yet but its NICE! I had to remove the prm front bumper first because it is designed to add support to the skid, amazing products. If i hadent won my moose swing arm skid on ebay for 25 bucks i would order prm's.

Big thanks to DuneRacerWeston for the new casesaver. Your welcome to use the photo if needed Weston, this is on a 2011 Raptor 350.

UPDATE - the 2 case side bolts vibrated out on second ride, thankfully i didn't lose the case saver. I swtiched them out with 1/4 in longer Allen head stainless steel bolts with washers and used blue locktite.

Last edited:
So, i got the oil cooler set up and installed. i have alot of money wrapped up but it works FLAWLESSLY!

Big bear housing, adapter, bolts $80 ebay i purchased new o rings and copper washers from local yamaha dealer $20.
10 row 6an oil cooler 8.25 x 3 x 2 $55 ebay
Jegs and Russell 6an Fittings x2 90 degree x2 straight "going to switch to 45 degree's" x2 Russell 10mm 1.5 male to 6an male part #670520 Total of $50
7 foot of 6an stainless braided hose $27 ebay
toggle switch 15 amp $4 auto zone
wiring 18 gauge red and black $8 Autozone
80mm insignia sealed bearing computer fan $7 BestBuy

everything works great, i had the fan completely submerged in water and mud all day on sunday with 0 failures. I'm going to get a temperature sticker to but on the cooler to see what kind of temperature drop i get.

Shout out to Weston, i was approached at Wayne National Forest by several people wanting to know where/what my case saver was from. I mentioned you and told them to where to find you on Ebay.

Last edited:
Nice oil cooler set up. I'm planning on doing one soon with a fan as well.

If you need any part numbers, links, etc feel free to hit me up.

So today i got home from work and found a surprise! My new seat cover came in from HiddenComfortCamo!

Last edited:
Its been a while, i have been ridding ALOT! I also just got another toy 2007 CRF250R. Anyway i got my rear shock back from Monster Performance, btw Ian is amazing! It took a few rides to get it dialed in but wow.......
I ended up doing new seals, complete revalve and service, new bump stop and bearings/bushings. $200

Well i picked these up from a fella on Craigslist, drove 2 hours to pick them up for $150 and they came with the pro-taper brackets. I have a bar pad on order and i'm still working out where to put my dash indicators and toggles. I also orderd a rebuild kit and a set of Cycra hand guards made specific for the Fasst Flexx bars.

I think I'm going to send my 660 rear shock into Monster performance for the rebuild that it needs. Your build is moving along crazy fast. It'll be one of the nicest raptors on here pretty quick.

I think I'm going to send my 660 rear shock into Monster performance for the rebuild that it needs. Your build is moving along crazy fast. It'll be one of the nicest raptors on here pretty quick.

The Raptor350R project will slow down a bit now, its spliting money with my new toy.

Ian at Monster is great to deal with and very friendly, he prefers email communication so he has documentation and reference point for the discussion. his turn around time is pretty fast too.

Back