my first mod ever

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bygbyrd

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new around her and just thought I'd share what I just did to my baby. She is a 98 warrior that just got a set of Honda 450r front arms modified to fit. It was a chore but I got her done

I had to move shock mounts on the arms and extend the steering linkage. I made bushings to take up the slack in the saddles on the frame sine the arms were diff sizes

How far off were the lower a arm mounts on the frame? and how wide is the bike now?

The frames are diff between the two bikes (DUH) so I had to make a bracket kinda like a widening kit to move the arm out approximately an inch on either side of the frame

Few more questions:
1) What year 450r a arms are those?
2) Did the upper a arms fit in the stock warrior mounts as well?

uploadfromtaptalk1423603368656.jpeg it's not the best pic but you can see where I had to move the shock mount on the arm itself to keel it straight. The upper arm has spacers keep in the arms to the rear of the mount since there is enough room for it to move back and forth. The lower arm has spacers on the inside of the arm bushings since it fit snuggly in the lower mount with no movement. I'm not gonna say I didn't have to" finesse" it in there lol.

BygByrd

Back