Ram handlebar mounts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJCaldie

Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mounting-Systems-RAM-B-149ZU-Handlebar/dp/B000XDGJQI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388018918&sr=8-1&keywords=ram+handlebar+mount

Just got my new GPS today but my old mount doesn't hook up to it. was junk anyways but i loved having my gps right at hand in the middle of trails. i know a lot of guys use these mounts for motorcycles and dual sports. they're supposed to be some of the best gps mounts around. there's different attachments for gopro, smart phone, gps, etc. the rubber ball joints are supposed to isolate vibration and stay in place very well.

im going to get one. im just deciding if i want a shorter arm or not for rigidity and placement. im really curious if anyone has used these. if not ill let you know when i get mine

i went with the shorter 1.75" arm. the 3" would have been a little more versatile for placement now that ive messed with it. where i wanted to have the gps sit the monstrous cradle kept binding up and the 3" would have let me do it. ill probably keep messing with it but so far i really like this thing. its a lot firmer than i expected wich i was pretty wary about being on a sport quad. the mount is all marine grade aluminum with rubber balls . might be a couple days before its trail tested to see if it moves at all but based off of everything so far its not going anywhere.

i know this probably isnt what many here might want cluttering up there handlebars but i loved my older one and this gps does so much more for me. i found a halfway decent free topo map of arizona with forest service trails as well as non routable streets. been messing around with google maps and basecamp. dropped a digital copy of the trails i hit annually in the mountains onto google maps, stretched it to scale, saved it to basecamp and transferred it to use on the gps. now ive got the map i always use plus an updated trail system from the topo map all layered into the gps right as i hit them. needless to say im really excited to get some tracks running on this thing.

right now im trying to figure out if i can create maps from my tracklog. i dont think basecamp will do it for me so unless i find an easier way ill just have to photoshop a Prt Scr and go back to google earth.

if anybody is interested, heres some pics of how i have it set up at the moment

P1000055_zps8fae7968.jpg

P1000058_zpsb7aff56d.jpg

P1000062_zpse5a55dd2.jpg

P1000066_zpsf8c1e48f.jpg

thx. i really am curious if anybody else uses these things though. i loved my etrex venture until i crushed it.

I use a Ram mount on my Harley when the Wife and I ride Love it works perfectly!! Not quite trail riding but anyways

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

so just wanted to finally get back about this. rode the bike pretty hard yesterday. through some nasty woops, over some rocks, washes and all that stuff we naturally do. this mount is SOLID. like i said back when, they make mounts to attach differently to your car boat atv whatever. they make them to hold a GoPro if you want to attach it to your frame. theres a lot of options with this company. everything i read was that RAM makes some of the best mounts available. i was wary about the whole rubber ball mechanism but i have to say this mount has fulfilled its ravings so far. highly recommended RAM for all your mounting needs

Nice. Great review! Wheelin with a GPS in Hatfield would be ideal! How do you like you system? Any cool features? What it cost you?

this was a christmas present. my buddy who works for game and fish gave me his old venture and i basically used it just for the trip computer. it was so much fun to have on the trails that when i crushed it i had to get a new one. the etrex is still your basic gps but i didn't want anything fancy. just something i could put maps into, watch where ive been on that map, and get riding stats on the trail. i have a feeling when i go back up into the mountains im going to find many trails i overlooked. i still haven't messed with it too much cause believe it or not last weekend was the first time i went riding this year. it blows my mind. if anyone is curious i have no problem sharing all the nifty things i am able to do with it. ask Alex, ill ramble out a novel for you what i find out. but so far ive just been plotting waypoints to hard to find areas in my neighborhood riding spot. i will say one thing though is the screen is useless here in AZ with clear skys when riding away from the sun. i have a nice anti reflective screen protector on it but the sun gets too bright for it at the right angle. still possibly something i can tinker with the mount to compensate.

oh yeah and in case anyone wonders why RAM made the cradle so big for the GPS is because most people get clips that attach on the back (some clips even replace the back) for hiking so they can hang it on their backpack or front pocket. the cradle makes it so you dont have to take the clip off and mess with extra parts. one of these days i want to get a clip because you can hang chords off of it as a safety chain. im telling you its not necessary but why not just in case. but it will come in handy so when i get off my bike i can clip it to the front of my daypack.

Back